Sign in to follow this  

What years fit 93'. Yz125?

You shouldn't have trouble finding parts specific for that model year.

Engine-wise, 89-92 cylinders work, but you need the matching power valve parts of the year cylinder you're using.  Chassis-wise, 94-95 parts are a pretty sure bet to interchange.   

If you happen to need a cylinder, I have a one just recently re-done by Millenium and the power valve ass'y to go with it.

Engine-wise, 89-92 cylinders work, but you need the matching power valve parts of the year cylinder you're using. Chassis-wise, 94-95 parts are a pretty sure bet to interchange.

If you happen to need a cylinder, I have a one just recently re-done by Millenium and the power valve ass'y to go with it.

if I need a cylinder I'll definitely get a hold if you ! How much for it?

I have good bottom end engine for that bike listed in the classifieds.

if I need one you'll be my first guy to look for! Thanks ! You guys who have parts did u have the bike? How is it compared to a newer 06+ model yz?

I have an 89 and it's not even comparable to a modern bike in my opinion.  I'm guessing it's close to 30 hp but it feels like about 20.  It's still about the rider, but you're at a big handicap on an old YZ.  For comparison, I was about 7 seconds a lap slower on the 89 125 versus a modern 250F.  On a short, non-horsepower track!

They sure are fun to wrench on and ride though. 

A '89 YZ in the Bginner/Novice class can be competitive, as long as the track isn't really jump infested. The modern bikes have some incredible power and suspension now, and the older bikes are at a distinct disadvantage at anything beyond Beginner/Novice.