Sign in to follow this  

Trophy what to do with them

My first race was in 1973, my last race was in August of this year. I have a garage full of them. Since the passing of my Dad and Mom and having to clean out there home I don't want to leave my mess to anyone. I probably have over a couple hundred of them. I hate to throw them away. I don't have the time to get real creative and make something else out of them. What do you guys do with yours?

Peel off the packs and put them on a board for memory. Then donate the trophies to a local track. Or try to sell them on Craigslist. Heck there are probably a lot of people who could use them for events, they would just need to change the top.

I took off the name plates to my old baseball and football trophies. Then I donated the trophies to the Special Olympics. I figured it would mean more to them than me.

• Like 2

A local club is also a good place to donate them, especially if they put on poker runs, a lot of folks that ride them are more inclined to be excited to win any type of trophy.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I took off the name plates to my old baseball and football trophies. Then I donated the trophies to the Special Olympics. Which is cool because I now have another chance to win them again. I figured it would mean more to them than me if I didn't win.

Fixed

• Like 3

I give my trophies to the gaggy eyed kids on the fence who aren't fortunate to have a bike. They don't mean anything to me, I do this because its fun to me.

• Like 4

My local club had a family enduro last weekend, flyer said donate 10 trophies get a free race. So I took 20 trophies and got two free races. I got rid of junk, helped the local club and rode for free, win-win-win.

• Like 1

My first race was in 1973, my last race was in August of this year. I have a garage full of them. Since the passing of my Dad and Mom and having to clean out there home I don't want to leave my mess to anyone. I probably have over a couple hundred of them. I hate to throw them away. I don't have the time to get real creative and make something else out of them. What do you guys do with yours?

I make it a point to give mine to sand baggers at the different races, there all inscribed 1st place B class rider in C class.

• Like 1

I give my trophies to the gaggy eyed kids on the fence who aren't fortunate to have a bike. They don't mean anything to me, I do this because its fun to me.

All the kids in the neighborhood have one or two.

My local club had a family enduro last weekend, flyer said donate 10 trophies get a free race. So I took 20 trophies and got two free races. I got rid of junk, helped the local club and rode for free, win-win-win.

That a good idea, wish I had a local club that would take them.

I don’t bother accepting trophies any more. Not that I get a whole lot, but once you have 40-50 of them, they become a pain more then anything. I just don’t bother showing up at the presentation after the race. I do however still take plaques. Even though I don’t hang up the plaques, I still like them. Easier to store plaques then it is a trophy. What I like the best is places that give out mock number plates. Like if you get first place at the race, they give a plastic number plate with a big 1 on it and the race date, place, and other info. Those I really like. I think I’m going to donate my trophies to a local track that’s just starting up. They cater to youth, and it would do my heart good to see a 4 or 5 year old smiling after he / she won one of my old trophies.

• Like 1