My weight loss program

I'll be back.

:ride:

You made me look...

Can i have my click back Please??

Besides all the stuff I've removed from my CRF (getting quite a box full of unnecessary OEM parts)..... I've started running and when we get enough snow cross country skiing through the winter. Trying to shave about 20lbs off my riding weight!

I just substitute a salad for lunch instead of the usual stuff for lunch--works for me!!

Ok

Lead acid battery 2440g replaced with Shorai Lithium battery 680g = 1.76kg (3.88 pounds) lost

I'll be back

:ride:

Edited by Positron007

Plastic IMS Fuel tank 2.09kg

Still need to weigh the steel tank

Steel sprocket 720g (approx) replaced with Renthal aluminium sprocket 240g = 480g (1.06 pounds) lost

Stock exhaust system 6.96kg replaced with full FMF exhaust system 3.24kg = 3.72kg (8.2pounds) lost

Stock Tail Light 1.77kg replaced with this (below) 230g = 1.54kg (3.39 pounds) lost

01042013415.jpg

Stock front tyre 3.76kg replaced with 80/90 21 MT21 3.12kg = 0.64kg (1.41 pounds) lost

Edited by Positron007

Current total is 17.94 pounds. Geez

Don't forget to add back in the weight of the items that have been added.  Extra gallon of gas. (6.41 lbs/gal),  EJK programmer, bash plate (weight difference), radiator guard(weight difference), rear rack, rim locks, fat bars(weight difference), risers, HDB clamps, bark busters, heavier rear tire, etc, etc. etc...... :ride:

The performance gain I could and should do is lose around 20 to 25 pounds around the middle, it didn't get there over nite, and it nearly impossible to work it off with the issues I have, I do have a very strong sweet tooth though, I'm not fond of rabbit food and wheat bread.....but the bike wouldn't be top heavy....how much hp do you think I would gain? :thinking: I weigh around 185 before christmas and 190 after... :lame:

All the more reason to reduce weight where you can. Especially unsprung weight, improves suspension performance and responsiveness. 

Stock front tyre 3.76kg replaced with 80/90 21 MT21 3.12kg = 0.64kg (1.41 pounds) lost

more than half a kg, good going. Especially considering that the original front tyre is lighter than most replacements. That pretty much puts MT-21 at the top of my list. It's impossible to really figure out the best or most suitable without trying them, so, assuming that MT-21 or whatever tyre basically suits my purpose, i'll go with the lightest. 

Don't forget to add back in the weight of the items that have been added.  Extra gallon of gas. (6.41 lbs/gal),  EJK programmer, bash plate (weight difference), radiator guard(weight difference), rear rack, rim locks, fat bars(weight difference), risers, HDB clamps, bark busters, heavier rear tire, etc, etc. etc...... :ride:

Aaaaah but weight. To carry that extra fuel with the stock fuel tank I need to mount the rack plus rotopax mount which weighs 1.45kg (3.20 pounds) plus rotopax jerry can which weighs 1.36kg (3.00 pounds) plus the weight of the fuel and it is positioned on the rear of the bike and not centrally between the wheels.

So I have saved 6.2 pounds by not having to carry the rotopax jerry can, as well as centralised the mass between the wheels.

In addition to that, I have the freedom to put in as much fuel as I need, don't have to fill it to the top if not required.

Don't have radiator guard. Don't have bash plate. Don't have heavier rear tyre,

The bars and riser is slightly less than the stock steel bars may be 30g lighter from memory.

EJK is probably around 100g. I'll weigh it though

Need to weigh the bark busters (not too heavy) maybe a pound.

Edited by Positron007

I also have Tubliss set up but have not installed it.

The front Tubliss is heavier than the stock tube. Hoping the rear Tubliss might be lighter than the rear tube.

My dear brother,  

I am just trying to help you from falling into the "pit of despair"   :banghead:  when you weigh the actual total weight of the bike and it does not come up to the sum of the differences.

Life is good.... No worries.....   :ride:

Lightening the overall weight of the bike and rider is always a good thing as long as power, strength, and stamina are retained, and pain can be a good thing.  It let's you know you are still alive.  

Peace out.....

Edited by dkappelm

All the more reason to reduce weight where you can. Especially unsprung weight, improves suspension performance and responsiveness. 

more than half a kg, good going. Especially considering that the original front tyre is lighter than most replacements. That pretty much puts MT-21 at the top of my list. It's impossible to really figure out the best or most suitable without trying them, so, assuming that MT-21 or whatever tyre basically suits my purpose, i'll go with the lightest. 

The D606 front is extremely heavy, ie quite a bit heavier than stock.

Keep in mind the MT21 is 80/90 21 and not 90/90 21 which is a bit skinnier. I suspect the 90/90 21 wouldn't be any heavier than stock and obviously significant lighter than D606.

I don't have the MT21 rear to compare to the other tyres.

Also interested in Dunlop Geomax Enduro and Dunlop D907

I just purchased some Pirelli MT60 for long distance touring.

Edited by Positron007

My dear brother,  

I am just trying to help you from falling into the "pit of despair"   :banghead:  when you weigh the actual total weight of the bike and it does not come up to the sum of the differences.

Life is good.... No worries.....   :ride:

No problem.

I think deep and hard about all this stuff, nothing goes on the bike that is heavier unless it makes the bike significantly better than stock.

I am no where near finished. Seriously considering fabricating a carbon fibre composite sub frame or possibly an aluminium-composite hybrid structure.

Also have to weigh the difference in weight of the new chain.

I'll start attacking bolts soon and then probably the head light.

Edited by Positron007