Sign in to follow this  

Wiseco Bottom End Rebuild Kit whats included

Wiseco cranks are Chinese time bombs.

I have to agree. I recently just replaced one that was low hour, due to one of the tin shields becoming loose. Spend just a few dollars more, and get a hotrods or oem.

or send it to ken oconnor racing and let him rebuild it.

This, if your not going to spend 280 on a new oem ken is the man for the job! He uses a pro-x rod kit and the crank had better runout than a new oem crank

• Like 1

since you didnt mention what bike you had...

92-01 wiseco bottom end kits come with everything you need for a bottom end replacement except the oval oring for the front case water jacket. everything else is included. they may have changed it since then, but i doubt it. water pump bearings are not part of a bottom end rebuild...

but yea, i had my wiseco bottom end break a little piece of the tin off, ruined the head and piston. the tin is showing a crack forming from where this little piece broke off, luckily i caught it before it came apart and seized up off a jump. i got 140 hours out of it, which is a decent life, but the OEM will last a lot longer for sure. the whole tin covers are retarded anyways, aftermarket or oem. glad honda finally left those things behind, too bad it took them until 05.

I have to agree. I recently just replaced one that was low hour, due to one of the tin shields becoming loose. Spend just a few dollars more, and get a hotrods or oem.

A friend of mine recently lost the thrust bushing on a 10 hour Wiseco crank. Wiped out the cylinder and head.

Oh wow. Thats crazy I had always heard good things about wiseco products. But I have a 95 cr125r. I asked about the water pump stuff because I dis mantled my bike to save money on repairs at a local shop on rebuilding my bottom end completely and took my clutch cover off to drain the rest of the oil out and noticed that it was a little milky. But whats weird is when I drained it from the drain plug it came out nice red and very sweet smelling.

I just replaced the seals on my 94 (125) waterpump.  Not very expensive, just get oem seals.  Also, I'm pretty sure the 05-07 cranks will fit the 95 since the hotrods crank goes from like 90-07.  If you are replacing your crank, you should look into the 05-07 OEM crank.

Edited by frdbtr

They are a gamble I have complete wiesco top and bottom end kits in my sons 85 and my wifes blaster with no issues yet...I got lucky and both my sets came with the Japanese bearings...I've heard lots of horror stories so I ran like 5 heat cycles on break in before putting any load on the motors...that being said won't go wiesco again

well to answer your question of whats included with the wiseco kit, a high failure rate is the answer.

• Like 2

Oh wow. Thats crazy I had always heard good things about wiseco products. But I have a 95 cr125r. I asked about the water pump stuff because I dis mantled my bike to save money on repairs at a local shop on rebuilding my bottom end completely and took my clutch cover off to drain the rest of the oil out and noticed that it was a little milky. But whats weird is when I drained it from the drain plug it came out nice red and very sweet smelling.

honestly, all the positives ive ever heard and experienced myself was with the pistons. never had issues with the pistons, friends have never had issues, but the cranks are chinese/taiwan made which doesnt instill a lot of confidence and i hate to say it, but it shows and it shows big time.

the wiseco bottem ends come with koyo bearings which is the OEM supplier, its the rest of the product that has issues.

honestly, all the positives ive ever heard and experienced myself was with the pistons. never had issues with the pistons, friends have never had issues, but the cranks are chinese/taiwan made which doesnt instill a lot of confidence and i hate to say it, but it shows and it shows big time.

the wiseco bottem ends come with koyo bearings which is the OEM supplier, its the rest of the product that has issues.

I'm not completely positive but the Wiseco is Chinese and the Hot Rods is Taiwanese. Some say they're the same country but that's like saying :canada: and :usa: are the same due to their proximity. I had a Hot Rods and it never gave me a problem. 

I'm not completely positive but the Wiseco is Chinese and the Hot Rods is Taiwanese. Some say they're the same country but that's like saying :canada: and :usa: are the same due to their proximity. I had a Hot Rods and it never gave me a problem. 

i should specify, the 92-01 wiseco cranks are made in taiwan.

from what i understand the others are chinese made (one guy said the banshee cranks are also taiwan but i cant verify that). i cant 100% say thats true, i can only claim my info is accurate for the cranks we bought and even then, that was like 4 or 5 years ago, things may have changed since then.

you are right though, they are not the same country, but when compared to jap/euro/usa quality id put taiwan/china in the same boat.

Edited by mynewcr250