Sign in to follow this  

Questions about triple clamps and adapters.

I have a 2005 yz250 with the new restyled plastic kit (Which means the bottom of the front plate is zip tied on)

This was a fine setup until I just got some flexx bars that are 1-1/8'' which force me to choose between a new triple clamp and bar mounts, or an adapter that raises my bars. I DON'T WANT TO RAISE MY BARS. I like them where they're at.

So now I'm shopping on ebay for the right parts but I don't know what will fit. http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-YAMAHA-YZ450F-TRIPLE-CLAMPS-with-1-1-8-BAR-MOUNTS-YZ-450F-2006-2009-YZ250-/161127884873?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2583f86849&vxp=mtr This set says 2006+yz250. Does this mean it will not work at all on my 2005 or does it mean it will work better because of the updated front number plate mounting?

The information is out there, you need to check the fork tube diameter and top to bottom clamp distance. I wouldn't think it changed since 2005. But don't quote me on that.

Ah the ole fork tube diameter. That might have changed. I have heard that my 2005 has some stepchild forks that only made it one year.

Ah the ole fork tube diameter. That might have changed. I have heard that my 2005 has some stepchild forks that only made it one year.

I heard the same. I was just doing similar research to find out what clamps fit my 02 forks. I believe the 05 was somewhat inbetween before the stepup to the 06+SSS setup. Pretty sure the 05 are different. I got used 03 forks, 03 lower clamp, an applied triple clamp with 1 1/8 clamps, bars, and pad for $170 shipped on fleabay. Just look for deals.

The 05 clamps are specific to 05 even though they have the same diameter (48mm) fork tubes as the 06+, the fork tube spacing is closer on the 05.

• Like 1