CRF250Rs' wheels on CRF 250X

Do they fit with no mods or do i need a front axle ?

Edited by hm450

I'm still not 100% if you need the axle or not but I got one when I fitted my 250R wheels and had no probs   :thumbsup: . I think you do need it.

Edited by AddictedToBling

What years are you looking at?

First generation 250R and early 250X bikes can swap out the front wheels.  The rear wheels are different sizes (18 inch for the X and 19 for the R).  This means a longer swing arm would be needed for the the larger wheel on the X.  That different may also affect alignment for the chain and the brake, but that can usually be fixed with different spacers. The axles are the same diameter for front and rear.  Length might be different since the X had the mileage sensor and the R does not. 

Edited by Go Big Red

What years are you looking at?

First generation 250R and early 250X bikes can swap out the front wheels.  The rear wheels are different sizes (18 inch for the X and 19 for the R).  This means a longer swing arm would be needed for the the larger wheel on the X.  That different may also affect alignment for the chain and the brake, but that can usually be fixed with different spacers. The axles are the same diameter for front and rear.  Length might be different since the X had the mileage sensor and the R does not. 

Rear wheel is a direct fit. the 18" tires are a higher profile so the 18 and 19" wheels are close to the same diameter :thumbsup: .

You were correct about the axles. Front one is different because of the "mileage sensor". Rear axle is the same.

I have put 250R wheels on a 450X.

It is a 19" so you may have to run a new chain or sprocket, run chain tight or risk destroying mudflap.

You can use the front wheel off the 250r but you need to buy the odometer delete. check CRFsonly.

Edited by mobgma

XRs Only has them also.  That is where I got mine

Thanks Guys, on my former crf 450x only front axle was needed, so it is on crf205x too if well understood.

Yep "18 rear wheel, seen a good deal at Tusk

Hope one day Honda will both update them

Thanks Guys, on my former crf 450x only front axle was needed, so it is on crf205x too if well understood.Yep "18 rear wheel, seen a good deal at TuskHope one day Honda will both update them
Why do u want to put an r wheel on the x? Just wondering. Edited by EnduroR18

Need a second wheel set, actually R wheels are available with 18 rear

Having a second complete set is awesome. I have different tires on both sets as well as sprockets.

Different wheels and sprockets for different riding conditions.