Sign in to follow this  

what is this

Took out the wrong bolt doing an oil change on my xr70, he shifter side bolt I took out. A spring/doohicky fell out Anyone fill me in what this is? Didn't see it in the manual...

IMAG0106.jpg

looks to be a pressure regulator..... but I really haven't a clue. im not familiar with those engines

Its the Cam Chain Tensioner

DO NOT start the engine with it out

Why - How did you remove it??????

TONS of vids all over the net on oil changes

Its the Cam Chain Tensioner

DO NOT start the engine with it out

Why - How did you remove it??????

TONS of vids all over the net on oil changes

its all good I know enough not to start it without figuring out what it was. I seen how it fell out so I knew how to put it back. I just picked the wrong bolt haha my first time working on it...

Looks a little worn on top, should I replace it? got the engine apart and going to freshen it up a bit rings piston ect. or a 88cc kit not sure.

When I was 10 years old my grandpa bought a china 110cc quad for me to ride when I come over. I went to change the oil at age 10 (not even near my first time lol) but it had the china copy of a Honda and I pulled that plug out and I was not strong enough to put it back in so I left it out thinking it was for the shifter. Started it up and it was ticking but it still shifted so that's the way it stayed lol! That sound must have been the cam chain lol, I thought it was the cone shaped thing that goes on the spring because I left that in but left the spring out.