Sign in to follow this  

Logs: 1 - Me: 0

1383719_10101340863680606_399956056_n.jp

I saw these logs as a fun little challenge during Saturday's race. Little did I know that I would end up unconscious afterwards. I have been practicing single logs and catching air off them. What I haven't ever tried was to clear a gap off of a log. Why not try it during a race? I eye balled it briefly during practice and thought I was more than capable to give it a go during the race.

I did clear the second log...I just have to work on sticking the landing. From watching the video it appears I was knocked out for about a minute. I did finish the lap and started another, but my riding buddy and general voice of reason, pulled off and suggested that we call it a race.

I got pretty bruised up in the upper body and right leg and and I can't say that my head has fully cleared up. It was tough going home to the 6+ month pregnant wife. Let's just say that she didn't appreciate the challenge as much as I did.

Video Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCVQiPLp9ho

Looks like the hero line bit you. The older you get, the more ride to ride another day will mean to you. Glad you are ok! :thumbsup:

Judging by the picture, why didn't you go around the logs?

I guess it was all about "the challenge". There were plenty of easier ways around that wouldn't have left me "turning into a zombie."

Looks like the hero line bit you. The older you get, the more ride to ride another day will mean to you. Glad you are ok! :thumbsup:

Truth. Although no matter how old or experienced, the hero line bites us all once in a while. 

Glad you're ok mate, you definitely rung your bell. 

Glad you are ok, but what kind of bugs were crawling on you? I would hate to get knocked out near a fire ant mound.

That might explain these strange bumps on my arms. I was thinking it was poison ivy. Maybe I'm wrong?

You know, during the work week I say the exact same thing. I also tell my wife about how I will race smart and be safe. Then it happens: Race day.

The flags go up, the race gets going, passes start to happen, you begin to flow. You feel invincible and start putting the bike where you want it. Your visor tilts higher as you look further down the trail.

The plan usually changes when the flags move.

Edited by hotnanas

Yes. TORCS. I wouldn't want to do this at any other race venue. I hope I never do.

Holy... You would hate our races. Those twigs you crashed on would be part of the kids 50cc race.

Nasty hit dude, and to make it worse looks like at the 2:05 minute mark you also dropped your beer. That'll teach you for riding with one hand and doing logs jumps, just sayin.  :ride:

Holy... You would hate our races. Those twigs you crashed on would be part of the kids 50cc race.

Pictures and video do strange things to what "appear to be" simple challenges when in fact they would take out most riders.  Case in point, clearly it was faster to take the line that he took and crashed on, but judging by the lack of tire tracks no one else wanted any part of that challenge.  Have I raced over logs bigger then that?, sure, but I would never say that what Mr. Hotnanas crashed on was easy.  You need to be there on race day before you can comment on something like that.

Pictures and video do strange things to what "appear to be" simple challenges when in fact they would take out most riders.  Case in point, clearly it was faster to take the line that he took and crashed on, but judging by the lack of tire tracks no one else wanted any part of that challenge.  Have I raced over logs bigger then that?, sure, but I would never say that what Mr. Hotnanas crashed on was easy.  You need to be there on race day before you can comment on something like that.

No. He would hate our races.

interesting the EMT had no issue yanking you up like that 

Glad your ok  that was a strange spill 

all those involuntary arm motions  were interesting to see

interesting the EMT had no issue yanking you up like that 

Glad your ok  that was a strange spill 

all those involuntary arm motions  were interesting to see

That guy was probably just a course worker, not an EMT.  But he did yank him up pretty fast.  The rider was smart to tell him not to move.  Being knocked out, he could have had a neck injury and not really known it.  I'll usually avoid the hero lines like that because hitting them at a race pace is very different from hitting them during practice.  Leave that for the AA guys!

No. He would hate our races.

On the contrary, my friend.

I don't hate anything when I'm on my dirtbike. I'd LOVE to race your races. Have a race flyer to send me? What time of year is best for the non-snow races?

You have to know that I chose that line because I tend to ride with a unique style of my own. Sure, there were easier ways around it but it wouldn't have been as fun for me.