Just got me a 1988 Honda XR100!

I just grabbed this little thing up in a trade yesterday and all I can say is some people should not be allowed to handle spray paint lol  But I found out today I can use sos pads to take it off and yes I am being careful not to scratch it :rolleyes:  But anyways it starts right up on the first kick but does not want to idle. He said it hasn't ran in a year, so I think the carb is gummed up. Going to play with it this weekend and see what I can do. Where is a good place to get a rebuild kit if I need one and how hard is it to do? I have done a VW carb rebuild do not see how this could be harder  :) I took it across the yard last night and now I want to go ride, been years! :smirk:

Thanks

Katt1017130959_zpscc720605.jpg

Clogged Pilot Jet.... 10 minutes and no cost to fix, it'll idle and run like new.

YES... some people should NOT EVERY have Spray Paint.

I've cleaned off a LOT of bikes that were painted, some the WHOLE BIKE was painted, including the tires and wheels.

Those older, white XR's don't sell that well, they just look outdated even tho they're EAXCT same as the newer red bikes.

And the white bikes don't clean up very well.

I've had at least 50 XR50, XR70, XR80, XR100 & XR200s, always have 3 or 4 here at the house, the grand kids, the neighbor kids as well as the adult neighbors all use the bikes...  3 bikes, 3 adults, a 12 pack of beer... goooood fun.

LOL Thanks for the info I will definitely check that. Talked to my dad today and he told if I ride it I will never want to get rid of it. I said heck riding it across the yard just might have been enough. 

Instead of taking off the old paint, just repaint it with your desired color.

Clogged Pilot Jet.... 10 minutes and no cost to fix, it'll idle and run like new.

YES... some people should NOT EVERY have Spray Paint.

I've cleaned off a LOT of bikes that were painted, some the WHOLE BIKE was painted, including the tires and wheels.

Those older, white XR's don't sell that well, they just look outdated even tho they're EAXCT same as the newer red bikes.

And the white bikes don't clean up very well.

I've had at least 50 XR50, XR70, XR80, XR100 & XR200s, always have 3 or 4 here at the house, the grand kids, the neighbor kids as well as the adult neighbors all use the bikes...  3 bikes, 3 adults, a 12 pack of beer... goooood fun.

the white XR's look the best in my opinion

I had a 1980 xr80, couldn't kill that thing, cousin's son still rides it.

I just grabbed this little thing up in a trade yesterday and all I can say is some people should not be allowed to handle spray paint lol But I found out today I can use sos pads to take it off and yes I am being careful not to scratch it :rolleyes: But anyways it starts right up on the first kick but does not want to idle. He said it hasn't ran in a year, so I think the carb is gummed up. Going to play with it this weekend and see what I can do. Where is a good place to get a rebuild kit if I need one and how hard is it to do? I have done a VW carb rebuild do not see how this could be harder :) I took it across the yard last night and now I want to go ride, been years! :smirk:

I used this graffiti remover called "Krud Kutter" to remove black paint from a white tank, worked good.