Sign in to follow this  

Yz125 Project Bike

So i picked up an 02 yz125 today. The PO said that he was in 5th and the bike just died out and now it has ZERO compression. The bikes loaded with goodies which will be going on my personal bike. The bike came with Asv levers, Wolf CDI, Fmf SST Pipe, Shorty silencer, Eline pipeguard, carbonfiber frame guards, Revalved Suspension, Vforce Rad Valve(?), Hammerhead Shifter, and WC rad braces. The bike has very low hours and even still has the caution stickers on the front and rear fenders! The clutch cover has barely any wear on it. Scored this for 575$, cant wait to tear her apart and get her running again.

Edited by Peterrides
  • Like 2

That's a steal in my book. Crank croaked maybe?

I hope not, when i push down the kicker, it seems to be smooth and the Previous kid said it had no up/down play when he took the cylinder off. But yea, i was suprised, the Wolf Cdi is pretty awesome, crazy retail price too.

Looks a little lean haha. And he ran a namura piston :S. Looks like the cylinder is fine other then needing to be replated. What do you guys think?

Oh and the crank is in really good shape, no up/down play at all and minimal side to side

1382196846668.jpg

1382196859193.jpg

1382196870042.jpg

1382196889838.jpg

1382196901685.jpg

1382196915292.jpg

1382196926826.jpg

Looks like a good time for a 144cc kit!!

Cold seizure?

This isnt going to be my personal bike so its not getting a 144 kit. But im sure it would be one kickass bike. Im just going to get it replated and throw in a wiseco topend and call it done. Im going to sell it and see if i can get something a little newer or maybe even a 250 2t. Im not sure if a cold seizure could destroy the cylinder and piston that well, im guessing the PO was PINNED in 5th for too long. He ran 40:1 but im unaware of what octane gas.

This isnt going to be my personal bike so its not getting a 144 kit. But im sure it would be one kickass bike. Im just going to get it replated and throw in a wiseco topend and call it done. Im going to sell it and see if i can get something a little newer or maybe even a 250 2t. Im not sure if a cold seizure could destroy the cylinder and piston that well, im guessing the PO was PINNED in 5th for too long. He ran 40:1 but im unaware of what octane gas.

I agree about the cold seizure. Usually a cold seizure is 4 corners not like what that piston shows. You are probable right about pinning it and it was probable on 87 octane as well. I understand about making a few bucks and stepping up. I have been thinking about finding a similar bike and making a 144 kit with a heavy flywheel for a woods riding bike for my boy. I think that set up would be a lot of fun.

Going to drop off the cylinder for replating at kens shop today in CT.

I have talked to Kevin on the phone a few times. He is a very knowledgeable person and I like his You tube video's as well.

Got the cylinder + a new wiseco topend from ken. Great dude, awesome work. Highly recommend him. Heres some pics. Sorry for the Shitty pics, took them from my phone. Bike has a ton of compression. Ken fixed a cracked exhaust bridge and replated the cylinder. Took about 3 weeks total.

1385084041599.jpg

1385084060419.jpg

1385084074388.jpg

1385084093331.jpg

1385084114268.jpg

1385084129324.jpg

1385084146918.jpg

I wish I could find a 125 around that price. Been after one for months that needs work but all over £1000 in the uk

I wish I could find a 125 around that price. Been after one for months that needs work but all over £1000 in the uk

You gotta take your time, doesn't come quick but it'll come. Just search ur local ad daily like I did (craigslist).

We don't really use Craig's in the uk. But I will keep searching