Sign in to follow this  

Kill switch / starter assembly. Aftermarket?

Anybody have an aftermarket starter button / kill switch combo on their bike? My stock one got some grit and dirt in it and it ended up getting sticky and then breaking all together... I bought another one from a guy locally but it is the older style and it has a big wad of electrical tape holding the starter button together..... So. I'm wondering if anyone has an aftermarket solution, preferably a sealed unit. I like the dirtbike style kill switch buttons that are sealed but I don't want to add two buttons to replace the one unit... Suggestions?

I look at it this way  the OEM on mine lasted since 93  and 20,000 miles  it did act up but I cleaned it 

so if it does die I will get oem like I did for the headlight switch

the aftermarket ones I found were only 20 bucks less for My bike  but being your in NS   that may play into your options ??

I look at it this way the OEM on mine lasted since 93 and 20,000 miles it did act up but I cleaned it

so if it does die I will get oem like I did for the headlight switch

the aftermarket ones I found were only 20 bucks less for My bike but being your in NS that may play into your options ??

I like oem quality, but I would like a switch that is sealed up a bit better. I am doing some digging to see if ktm or another more dirt oriented oem makes a switch with both start and kill... I also would much rather a rocker switch style kill switch. If you have taken the stock button style apart you will know why...

i have an mine is not sealed either it is made to drain  while not ideal this concept likely works longer than a sealed unit  that get a compromised in on of the many areas they need to make waterproof  once water gets in it cant get out  and will cause corrosion faster than an open design with a weep hole 

the only reason I replaced my headlight switch is someone melted the turn signal contacts  probably a short to ground ?

maybe find one from a PWC  LOL

anyway keep u posted