Sign in to follow this  

93 KX125 exhaust

im kinda new at 2 stoke bikes, just picked my son up a 93 kx125. Been going through one end to the other. has a procircut pipe and silencer. Question where pipe goes into the head there are two orings, is there suppost to be a gasket? oem pick show one, but havent seen one on only install intructions. And where pipe and silencer go to gather they where just slid togahter, is this right or should ther be a "coupler" rubber of some kinds. oem pics show one. thanks

• Like 1

Usually there is indeed a brass/copper "crush gasket" there where the pipe rests into the head.

Usually there is indeed a rubber "connector" holding the muffler onto the pipe end.

Coo

• Like 1

thats what i was thinking, the oe break downs show a gasket and a rubber connector, but instructions and install videos i found skip over those items. I guess they are a "you should know better" item. thanks

• Like 1

thats what i was thinking, the oe break downs show a gasket and a rubber connector, but instructions and install videos i found skip over those items.

That is exactly what it is. It is very frowned apon in my eye and others as well. It's so the manufacturer can sell you more and more parts other from the actual bike itself. My 100 had the same problem. FMF hooked me up and let me know about this so called "miss hap". Well, happy trails friend!! :D

Went do to the local shop that was giving away a ktm today, didnt win the bike but won a set of tie downs. They looked it up and said no gasket,? wth?

anther dumb question,

i ordered new exhaust springs, said they should be 57mm, but the ones I took off are alot longer? do these get stretched out ? everywhere i looked these springs up they list them to be 57mm ?

Its possible they stretched or were replaced with incorrect ones, it is a 20 y/o bike. Anyway, its more important to have a leak free system than a factory correct one. A high temp putty on the exhaust flange, and a automotive heater hose clamped over the pipe/silencer junction will ensure a spooge free ride.