ouch.. a friend crashed.. graphic pics

so i got a call from friend in the emergency room last night.. i went down to go see him, he was all laughin and gigglin, he lifted up his hand and started spinning the tip of his pinky(from knuckle by finger nail) it was barely connected my skin..

he was doing stand up donuts, almost fell, just off to catch bike from falling.. this guy has no bar ends, or hand guards.. anyway, went to catch the bike, and the open end of the bar smashed his finger right into the ground...

ouch..

theyre doin surgery monday, to save the pinky

UPDATE: they are now going to amputate the pinky on monday!!

GRAPHIC PIC BELOW DO NOT SCROLL DOWN IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE!!

Screenshot_2013-10-19-07-55-18_zps8c0714

Screenshot_2013-10-19-07-55-30_zps6f7948

Edited by 707LAKE
  • Like 1

I bet that hurt, a small price to pay considering it could have been a lot worse....loosing his entire hand. At least he will still be able to ride with a jacked up pinky. Hope he recovers soon and the surgery goes well for him.

Shiiiiii... Bad news, sorry to hear! Was he wearing gloves if so, MX or leather?

Either way I doubt it would have made a difference in this case... the damage was probably blunt force, i.e. the handle bar end squishing his pinky.  I haven't seen a MC glove with "hard" protection in the fingers... only the knuckles.  Leather gloves save your skin from asphalt and not from blunt trauma.

That said I always wear my leather gloves on the street and MX gloves on the trails.  In my opinion, MX gloves on the street... you might as well not wear anything.  They are nothing more than "thin" mechanics gloves and will rip like tissue paper on asphalt.

• Like 2

Don't really know what to say 'cept you get what you PLAY for...LOL!  ? Hope all goes well for him. Remember...chicks dig scars and a good story that goes with them. Thanks for the pic. I haven't seen anything that mangled in a long time. At least since I mangled my foot which I got to keep but had to have a bunch of bones fused together and the pieces screwed and plated.