Sign in to follow this  

Washington Riders in island/skagit county

Im stationed in island county and have been having a hell of a time finding locals to ride with!  Any local clubs or just groups that frequent walker valley or sedro area?

Im stationed in island county and have been having a hell of a time finding locals to ride with!  Any local clubs or just groups that frequent walker valley or sedro area?

Quite a few northern Puget Sound TTr's frequent Walker. Should be as easy as showing up at the tail head, and joining in. Someone should chime in this afternoon, since most are prolly out riding.

What kind of trail and ride are you looking for. We hit Walker often. 

Ive ridden walker for about 5 years, i dig the aggressive enduro type riding that is there.  just trying to find some people who are decently experienced with the style of riding that is out there, Ive ran into alot of people being discouraged due to it being pretty unforgiving.

dirty_mech_style I think we just might be able to entertain you at Walker. 

• Like 1

Keep in mind i ride a crf450x, Suspension has been massaged by moto-pro for walker valley type things, and Ive massaged the motor to my likings.  Not the greatest tight trail enduro bike but ive made due, soon to be reklused with a lhrb. 

ahahaha damnit, I love the 450 but it leaves a thought in my head everytime i ride that i should have bought a mid displacement two stroke, husaberg or ktm might be next on my list. 

You are only allowed to run a Rekluse and lhrb combo if your 50 or older to ride in our group.

Quite right. You don't need a rekluse anyway. Half the people I know with them have taken them out. If you like to ride the gnar send me a pm. And this time of year you'll need some hemet lights for the after work dark departure rides. It's a whole different ball game after the sun goes down.

• Like 1

Quite right. You don't need a rekluse anyway. Half the people I know with them have taken them out. If you like to ride the gnar send me a pm. And this time of year you'll need some hemet lights for the after work dark departure rides. It's a whole different ball game after the sun goes down.

Well it just happens I turned 50 in June... Come on cheater stuff  :ride: What ever it takes :rolleyes:

I ride up there a lot. And I have. Pretty relaxed schedule.

From yesterday...awesome conditions

Mike

• Like 2

I retired out of Whidbey five years ago and live in Oak Harbor.  I ride almost every weekend, and know / or have ridden with a couple of the guys that have already posted (we need to hook up for a ride Joe).  It is a pretty good bunch, and we manage to get 5+ person train rides together every now and then that are a lot of fun.  I would be riding tomorrow but life got in the way.  I ride a lot with Over41rider, and we usually meet around 0830 at Walker for a 0900 ride.  Give me a shout next time you are looking to ride. Looks like I have two more years to get a LHRB Tom.  Scott.

We try to be up there fairly often. Red Duramax and red enclosed trailer. Stop by anytime you see us out there, we are always up for more people to ride with. Also, Ross out at Oak harbor mx is a pretty good guy (a little different but, hey, we all are) and there is always a bunch of guys out there if you are into mx.

Dirty_Mech_Style Welcome to the neighborhood.

As others have pointed out there is a group of us that hit Walker regularly and you are more then welcome to come join in the butt-kicking. Our group has all levels of riders, retired enduro riders, A level rockets, and an old fart (That's me) and guys in-between. I try to ride every weekend, usually at Walker but have been know to make the trek down to Tahuya or over the hump to the East side for a different look once in awhile.

Looking forward to meeting  and riding with you, let me know when you can get out.

PS: Stay away from that Chezdude guy, he's nothing but trouble :devil:

Edited by Rider 41