New unmarked car gives WSP troopers an advantage

Washington

how long till they hit the auctions ?

Theres a red wsp f150 with tinted windows usually patrolling for speeders just outside issaquah on i90. The obsession this state has for speed traps puzzles me. Just got back from touring all over NE and police over there don't have the same hard on for speeders they do over here. People drive way way more crazy and fast over there. Over here you biggest problem is priuses driving slow in the far left lane,

great, so when I need a cop, I don't even know who to flag down :thumbsdn:

morons...

we employ too many speeder maids...the last priority I have for my officers is traffic patrol.

Undercover?....... That car screams THE COPS!!!

Theres a red wsp f150 with tinted windows usually patrolling for speeders just outside issaquah on i90. The obsession this state has for speed traps puzzles me. Just got back from touring all over NE and police over there don't have the same hard on for speeders they do over here. People drive way way more crazy and fast over there. Over here you biggest problem is priuses driving slow in the far left lane,

When you're stoned it seems fast! :thumbsup:

Prius =Mentally Challenged. .

Nothing new.... Up here they have used 10yr old mini vans, lifted trucks, and even quads and sleds (depending on where you live).....

Troops here use some drug confiscation vehicles so there is quite a variety of "unmarked" out there.  Any troop will tell ya though they can write ticket

after ticket all day 24/7  using a fully marked car, people are just that inattentive or self absorbed,

Nothing new.... Up here they have used 10yr old mini vans, lifted trucks, and even quads and sleds (depending on where you live).....

Nothing better than a gestapo police force :)  Although nobody has ever proven that a cloaked police force is any more effective than a visible one.  Personally, I don't support it...makes 'em seem wimpy to me. Hiding in the shadows should not be their job.

355 hp and 0-60 in 5.91 sec?  How much does that pile weigh?

Undercover?....... That car screams THE COPS!!!

Yes, yes it does...

Car has no road grime?  Check!!

Windows are Gangsta tinted?  Check!!

Car is oddly "pedestrian"?  Check!!!

Car has additional antennas?? Check!!!

Car is oddly doing 3 MPH over the posted speed limit?? CHECK!!!

It's the Fuzz!!!

Yes, yes it does...

Car has no road grime? Check!!

Windows are Gangsta tinted? Check!!

Car is oddly "pedestrian"? Check!!!

Car has additional antennas?? Check!!!

Car is oddly doing 3 MPH over the posted speed limit?? CHECK!!!

It's the Fuzz!!!

Only 3mph Over the Posted Limit? Damm that's the Speed Limit to me. .lol..

off topic(1987)Had to ride 80 miles to find help in Northern British Columbia after one of our riders crashed and took some damage. Then followed a Canadian Mountie to the accident scene. They were still using old cop cars back then till they wore out, couldn't stay with her as she flat disappeared ahead in 1969 Impala 427ci. I was on a 1100.  What I found cool was all the  govt vehicle's up there were old iron kept running as long as possible.

Edited by highmarker

off topic(1987)Had to ride 80 miles to find help in Northern British Columbia after one of our riders crashed and took some damage. Then followed a Canadian Mountie to the accident scene. They were still using old cop cars back then till they wore out, couldn't stay with her as she flat disappeared ahead in 1969 Impala 427ci. I was on a 1100. What I found cool was all the govt vehicle's up there were old iron kept running as long as possible.

Back in the 80s Police Cars were CRAP. I would have keep a 69 also since that wad the Muscle Car Era. Around 93 Chevy produced the Caprice Police Package. .LT1 MOTOR [VETTE] and the car Handled Superbly. This was a vehicle that many PDs kept and repaired even when Chevy discontinued this package. IT WAS THAT GOOD!!!

WSP patrolled in 5.0 mustang's back in the 80's

355 hp and 0-60 in 5.91 sec?  How much does that pile weigh?

355 ponies ain't all that much these days...While that car could out run my truck fron a dead stop...once I grab 4th gear, it's all over....that is if I can hook up...

A 3rd gear boosted launch in 4x4 mode, and that car is toast.....but so is my clutch...I so need a south bend dual disk!!!

It's been a while since I have done any "playing" Last time I got caught and it cost me ~ 1200 bucks in "fees".

Feeding 630 BHP and mainlining Diesel is spendy....

There was an episode of I believe top gear where they tested the 2014 Chevy ford and dodge police cruisers. The Chevy was worse in every category they tested.