Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400SM

Where is the screw to drain the fuel?  Is is the one on the left side (from seated position) of the carb close to the white idle screw that stick out horizontaly or does it stick out straight down somewhere else? 

Yes. But be careful. The metal is soft and tends to booger up easily. I now just go for a pair of linesman pliers to loosen it up

Yes. But be careful. The metal is soft and tends to booger up easily. I now just go for a pair of linesman pliers to loosen it up

Thanks

So I drained the float bowl today.  Only about an 1 oz or 2 of fuel came out.  Not very much.  Is this about right? 

Thanks

So I drained the float bowl today.  Only about an 1 oz or 2 of fuel came out.  Not very much.  Is this about right?

Everything sounds normal. Why did you need to drain the bowl anyways?

Everything sounds normal. Why did you need to drain the bowl anyways?

occasional draining of the fuel bowl is a good practice..... moisture may accumulate in the bottom of the bowl and this is an easy removal process

• Like 1

occasional draining of the fuel bowl is a good practice..... moisture may accumulate in the bottom of the bowl and this is an easy removal process

Yeah , do often if your fuel contains that Dangit Nasty Corn juice

• Like 1

Idle adjustment is correct :D

I tried turning it but nothing really happend... tried a little to the left and then a little to the right, does it need to be turned alot in order to get a change?

I typically turn it 1/2 turns each time. It does help to twist the throttle after each turn.

I tried turning it but nothing really happend... tried a little to the left and then a little to the right, does it need to be turned alot in order to get a change?

Turn it clockwise to increase the idle speed....