Sign in to follow this  

new to me 300

just picked this baby up last night! 09 300 xcw, stock other than gnarly pipe, handguards, skidplate, acerbis x-seat and suspension work.should be a nice step up from my 03 kx250 that ive set up for the woods!

plans are to add heated grips and a LED headlight, do the wet mod to the starter, change to a pirelli front and irc rear tire and maybe a tubliss setup when i can afford it.

cant wait to take it for a ride tomorrow!!ktm 300 oct 2013 3.jpgktm 300 oct 2013.jpgktm 300 oct 2013 2.jpg

Edited by islandlife
  • Like 1

Congrats! Get to ridin her soon, as I;; bet that winter will soon be headed your way.

took er for the maiden voyage today! love it already, totally different animal compared to my kx, will take a bit of getting used to! the electric starter only work once though, but so easy to start with the kicker, and so lug-able i only really stalled it when i was seeing just how low it will go haha. couple pluses and minuses compared to the kx:

better:

torque!

hydro clutch

traction at low speed

quieter

ground clearance

worse:

seat

doesnt jump as well (might just be me getting used to it, just seems to soak up the whole jump, rather than jump off it)

more lively/snappy motor in the kx (although i have the 300 tamed down with the map wire and power valve spring)

definetly a better bike for the type of riding i enjoy the most, and im sure with some tuning ill forget all about that kx haha (although its no slouch power-wise either)