Big Bore kit and cam combo

Got a chance to ride today and experiment with the newly installed "E" cams. I thought the 434 addition was pretty impressive, but honestly, with the addition of the cams, it's flat out KILLER!!!! I almost dumped it when I power shifted into 5th going 55mph on a gravel road, Scotts dialed up to 12 noon, and the back tire spun out so violently that I almost crashed. Total instant release of power!.....and I was already going fast!. :lol: Anyway, was more careful from then on out, but the bike now is at such a different level, everything I did in the woods today was a careful comparison of what I usually do, and how I do it. All I can say, is VERY COOL!!! This bike used to be a dog, and now it's a WOLF! I was careful when riding up in the rpm's because even the slightest twist got a reaction, but I think there's a learning curve here, I will almost have to relearn how much throttle I give.

So, for anyone interested in that combo, or on the fence about whether or not it's worth it........HELL YES!   :smirk:

Wayne

Great review. 

Thanks!

I went the other way around, cams first(nice improvement), then big bore(WOW) and finally FCR39MX(hold on). Don't know why they don't build them like this to start with! Well I do but that's another story.

I went the other way around, cams first(nice improvement), then big bore(WOW) and finally FCR39MX(hold on). Don't know why they don't build them like this to start with! Well I do but that's another story.

Hold on.....not kidding! Can't imagine what that's like out on trail........ :ride::jawdrop:

Hold on.....not kidding! Can't imagine what that's like out on trail........ :ride::jawdrop:

Got a chance to ride today and experiment with the newly installed "E" cams. I thought the 434 addition was pretty impressive, but honestly, with the addition of the cams, it's flat out KILLER!!!! I almost dumped it when I power shifted into 5th going 55mph on a gravel road, Scotts dialed up to 12 noon, and the back tire spun out so violently that I almost crashed. Total instant release of power!.....and I was already going fast!. :lol: Anyway, was more careful from then on out, but the bike now is at such a different level, everything I did in the woods today was a careful comparison of what I usually do, and how I do it. All I can say, is VERY COOL!!! This bike used to be a dog, and now it's a WOLF! I was careful when riding up in the rpm's because even the slightest twist got a reaction, but I think there's a learning curve here, I will almost have to relearn how much throttle I give.

So, for anyone interested in that combo, or on the fence about whether or not it's worth it........HELL YES!   :smirk:

Wayne

Woo Hoo....Happy Days..... :ride:  :jawdrop:  :D

:thumbsup:

Woo Hoo....Happy Days..... :ride:  :jawdrop:  :D

:thumbsup:

Yeh, and thanks to you and a few other good friends here who helped this poor ignorant fool see the light......... :applause:

Im looking at a set online. How do I know they are really from a E model and he's not trying to sell me the same thing i have?

Are you talking about stock "E" model cams?

Awesome,  gotta love a real world review from someone that actually gets out there and DOES THE DAMN THANG!!   

All this post is doing is making me want the BBK even more.    :smirk:

What gearing you running wayne?

Im looking at a set online. How do I know they are really from a E model and he's not trying to sell me the same thing i have?

They will have A and B stamped on the end of the cams as per picture.....

attachment.php?attachmentid=12779&d=1266

Hopefully I will be able say the same with my 462 kit (+4 +4), massive header and ACT gearbox, the bike went well before

Awesome,  gotta love a real world review from someone that actually gets out there and DOES THE DAMN THANG!!   

All this post is doing is making me want the BBK even more.    :smirk:

What gearing you running wayne?

I'm running 15-47. It does hamper that top speed thing unfortunately, but the down low is full of it!!!! Man do I wish we lived closer and you could ride this......it's honestly not the same bike anymore.

They will have A and B stamped on the end of the cams as per picture.....

attachment.php?attachmentid=12779&d=1266

That be them............... :smirk:

You should test a Stroker DRZ :ride:

Next mod... plus ACT gears! But hopefully not for awhile. I'll wait till I NEED to split the cases.

Do it right and it's well worth the effort

There's laws here in Oregon about spinning tires and starting fires..........lol  ;)

Yeah..... Big Bore to a well built Stroker is like comparing a Donkey to a Racehorse..deadhorsebeat_2.gif..... :smirk:

Yeah , it the sound on idle that I miss , you know .. The DACK DACK DACK , as it ticks over .

Yeah , it the sound on idle that I miss , you know .. The DACK DACK DACK , as it ticks over .

Yes I do miss mine at times.....

BTW....I recently found out the new owner crashed it....Flipped it doing a 5th gear power wheelie, the bike is a "right off"... :cry: .... but the owner is ok...