Sign in to follow this  

E cams. which ones? 2 types

hi guys/gurus

im looking for a brand new set of E cams for my 07 S ,and looking at the mr cycles website i see that there are 2 diferent kinds of cams for the E. both intake and exhaust have the same designation. 1) E-3, E-28 for one kind and E-33 for the other. has anyone seen these designations before? there must be some difference between the 2.

would the E cams be a better choice or hot cams? i am looking for the most power as possible. thanks in advance :ride:

hi guys/gurus

im looking for a brand new set of E cams for my 07 S ,and looking at the mr cycles website i see that there are 2 diferent kinds of cams for the E. both intake and exhaust have the same designation. 1) E-3, E-28 for one kind and E-33 for the other. has anyone seen these designations before? there must be some difference between the 2.

would the E cams be a better choice or hot cams? i am looking for the most power as possible. thanks in advance :ride:

Well, didn't buy new, so can't say. Found used ones from a 2000 E and they were like new, and only $100 w/free shipping. It was a no brainer for me since the Hot Cams were almost $300. Just went for a ride out in the woods.......UNBELIEVABLE! These are in conjunction with a CylinderWorks 434 kit, but the combination was spectacular. They do everything, ......

.........and MORE!.......all I can say. I'm sure the Hot Cams will do the same, and possibly a little better. Highly recommend.

• Like 1

Well, didn't buy new, so can't say. Found used ones from a 2000 E and they were like new, and only $100 w/free shipping. It was a no brainer for me since the Hot Cams were almost $300. Just went for a ride out in the woods.......UNBELIEVABLE! These are in conjunction with a CylinderWorks 434 kit, but the combination was spectacular. They do everything, ......

.........and MORE!.......all I can say. I'm sure the Hot Cams will do the same, and possibly a little better. Highly recommend.

thx for the reply. i will be doing the CW kit as well, im just trying to get all the parts together before i go tearing the bike apart this winter. i get very good deals on oem parts as the girlfriend works at the suzuki stealership. so this is why i wonder about the E cams instead of the hotcams. i am open to either just want the most bang for buck.

• Like 1

thx for the reply. i will be doing the CW kit as well, im just trying to get all the parts together before i go tearing the bike apart this winter. i get very good deals on oem parts as the girlfriend works at the suzuki stealership. so this is why i wonder about the E cams instead of the hotcams. i am open to either just want the most bang for buck.

sent PM, but just for the record, if she gets a deal it's a no brainer!

Real E cams are stamped A for the inlet and B for the exhaust (check the lift is 9.3mm ex, 8.9mm in with some calliper's), the stamp mark is on the end of the shaft itself where the sprocket has been pressed on, the E exhaust cam is very close to the old no longer available stage 2 hotcams and has more lift and duration than the current stage 2, I modded a B ex cam into an inlet cam, but I would recommend that mod to everyone (difficult and risky) but the power was distinctly better than the original E inlet cam, but for 90% of rider the E cams are really good.

• Like 1

hi guys/gurus

The codes are for different country's , E 28 etc

What is the power difference and price difference between E Cams and Hot Cams?

Performance wise ......very similar between current hotcams and E cams....

Price wise....................New E cams would be well over $600 and hotcams around 1/2 that.....

Second hand market, must be some about, I have an inlet cam if you interested

Pity it's not a Hotcams inlet...

HC inlet and E exhaust cam are a perfect match.... :wub:

............... E IN .351 lift 227 dur.... EX .366 lift 243 dur

HC stage 1 IN .358 lift 238 dur..... EX .358 lift 238 dur

• Like 1

............... E IN .351 lift 227 dur.... EX .366 lift 243 dur

HC stage 1 IN .358 lift 238 dur..... EX .358 lift 238 dur

so Craigo.

in theory to get the best bang for my buck i should get the E exhaust cam with that same lift and dur, and HC intake cam stage 1?  if so is there any issues or mods needed with combining the 2?

thx kevin

• Like 1

............... E IN .351 lift 227 dur.. (the cam I have for sale).. EX .366 lift 243 dur  (2 of these in my bike)

HC stage 1 IN .358 lift 238 dur..... EX .358 lift 238 dur (now stage 1 and 2 depending on who you buy them off, weird)

Hence why I looked at the specs of the exhaust cam and thought I should have a go at turning it into an inlet cam, was a lot of faffing round but it works well, pity you can get the old stage 2 hotcams now, the current stage 1 are limp and the stage 2 are the old stage 1 (as above), what gives.

so Craigo.

in theory to get the best bang for my buck i should get the E exhaust cam with that same lift and dur, and HC intake cam stage 1?  if so is there any issues or mods needed with combining the 2?

thx kevin

Timing marks are different types of mark, arrows on OEM, dots on HCs?, you will need to refer to other TT threads for more info on how to resolve this one

Second hand market, must be some about, I have an inlet cam if you interested

thx kiwi. i think i will be going new though. just need to make up my mind as to which direction i will be going.

so Craigo.

thx kevin

I fitted this combo to my 434 BB E ....No problem..

• Like 1

I fitted this combo to my 434 BB E ....No problem..

well i think thats what i will do then. thx for all the help guys

• Like 1