Sign in to follow this  

AWESOME DEAL

So recently I got a 2010 YZ250F in decent condition with some after market parts and dear god did it have a lot of power.. too much power (I weigh 125) and it made me slow as hell. After looking at some of the repair cost for blown four strokes, I realized I wasn't able to come up with that type of money out of the blue so I started to look into SX 150's. I found a dude that had a 2009 KTM SX 150 for sale all stock in real good condition looking to trade for a 250F.. I was a little timid because I used to have a 04 SX 125 and it had NO power. I read some positive things on the bike and I met with him this morning. The bike started first kick no choke. I already liked it, the components were in good shape, the clutch felt good, and dear god did that thing have power!!!!! After feeling the power it had in stock form I knew I wanted it. So he gave me his bike and $525 CASH for my YZF. I absolutely love it!!! Share your success stories I'd love to see!

1382225720180.jpg

1382225734435.jpg

• Like 1

Great looking bike man.

As for your 04 having no power something must have been wrong, very wrong. There were powerful 125s class leading in fact.

Great looking bike man.

As for your 04 having no power something must have been wrong, very wrong. There were powerful 125s class leading in fact.

Yeah must've! I had a full PC exhaust system on it, VForce 3 reeds that I replaced the petals on, carb was jetted to perfection, power valves were in spec, lots of compression, no wiggle in the bottom end and replaced the piston. So Idk what the problem was but it was surely nothing like the 150!!!

Yeah must've! I had a full PC exhaust system on it, VForce 3 reeds that I replaced the petals on, carb was jetted to perfection, power valves were in spec, lots of compression, no wiggle in the bottom end and replaced the piston. So Idk what the problem was but it was surely nothing like the 150!!!

probably a carb ptoblem

Dude I had that carb dialed

how would you now if it wasn't making much power? I'd say it was a carb or a junk too end(just cause you changed it doesn't meant it wasn't still bad.)

how would you now if it wasn't making much power? I'd say it was a carb or a junk too end(just cause you changed it doesn't meant it wasn't still bad.)

I mean it surely had power, but just in my opinion it didn't. Idk if it had a motor problem or I have a problem mentally and no power is enough haha

I mean it surely had power, but just in my opinion it didn't. Idk if it had a motor problem or I have a problem mentally and no power is enough haha

well I know the feeling lol, but a 125 screamer has some mad power.. I can get off my 450. Or 250 or my brothers Ktm525 and hop on a 125. And get off saying damn.

well I know the feeling lol, but a 125 screamer has some mad power.. I can get off my 450. Or 250 or my brothers Ktm525 and hop on a 125. And get off saying damn.

Yeah something was wrong then haha. My 150 makes me say damn, but the 125 would make me go "why'd I buy this again?" Hahaha

Stuck powervalve maybe or defective reeds, maybe a leak somewhere oh well old news, so you really like the 150 over your old 250f?

You traded because the 250f was too much power? The 150sx probably is faster yet!?

Stuck powervalve maybe or defective reeds, maybe a leak somewhere oh well old news, so you really like the 150 over your old 250f?

You traded because the 250f was too much power? The 150sx probably is faster yet!?

Yeah like you said its old news! I absolutely loved the power on the 250F and didn't have a problem with it, but I'm only 13 and can't come up with $1000 to rebuild a motor. If I were to come up with $1000 I would sure rather put it into a amazing two stroke race bike rather than just getting the big heavy thumper that made me slow running again.