Diesel too help flush milky oil ?

I have a 2005 Crf450 and got water in my transmission side, due too thinking I was in a boat.... Was wondering if diesel or kerosene would help get the milky oil out thanks

Brad

Dude I'd just fill it up and run it for a few then drain to again. I really wouldn't recommend putting fuel all over your clutch plates or seals

I have a 2005 Crf450 and got water in my transmission side, due too thinking I was in a boat.... Was wondering if diesel or kerosene would help get the milky oil out thanks

Brad

Drain it and fill it with ATF and run it for an hour and then drain it again. ATF is fine for the tranny and it will make it sparkle again. Pro Honda HP tranny fluid will do the same thing but costs a little more.

DO NOT use anything fuel/solvent based. EVER!! only oils rated for the tranny

Edited by mrmoto35

Yup, use ATF, get it nice and warm and then flush ATF out and replace with good oil......

Drowned one (bent rod, cocked piston) and knew I wouldn't get to it for a few months. Drained water and filled full both sides with tcw3 outboard motor oil for storage.   Kind stunk when I tore it down but there was no rust.   

Another time I did use diesel, but just for a couple quick flushes, didn't start the motor.

pushin it out

WP95000049.jpg

Thanks guys

shell rotella triple protection 15w40 5 gallon pails at walmart are 70$  just keep changing the oil, its all i use in every single bikes, 2 stroke or 4 stroke, engine or clutch.

ATF worked great thanks guys

Ride on