Sign in to follow this  

my new rubbers

A good tire. I have them in my garage for a rainy day when I feel the need for a more DS tire. When I had them on my SM I used them for winter commute and play. They did great other than getting used to the big ballon in the front. I enjoyed them on gravel

IMG_7397.jpg

• Like 1

A pity they don't make a smaller profile 17 for the front ..... :excuseme:

+100000000000000000000

Looks great,   whenever i see a SM with DS tires on,  i wonder if i should've went that route,   the lower seat height sure would've been great for me,    just do not know how the 17'' wheels would do in some real hard stuff,   trying to go over stuff,  not in it. 

• Like 1

+100000000000000000000

Looks great,   whenever i see a SM with DS tires on,  i wonder if i should've went that route,   the lower seat height sure would've been great for me,    just do not know how the 17'' wheels would do in some real hard stuff,   trying to go over stuff,  not in it. 

The 17" sm wheels are heavier so I don't really see them to be as good as your lighter ,longer footprint 21" wheels for pulling the front over obstacles....

• Like 2

+100000000000000000000

Any decent hole or dip will swallow the 17' front , my concern would be mid turn ....... M8

• Like 1

im just planning on hitting some fire roads, nothing too gnarly. i took it for a spin around the block and the front tire feels like its glued to the road !

As wide as it is, it looks like part of the road. Glad you are enjoying them. RIDE!

150 rear and 120 front...chapparel told me 120 was the smallest they make?

did you go with the 120/90?

Did you get them at chapparel ? How much and did they mount them so how much for the total package? Thx

Did you get them at chapparel ? How much and did they mount them so how much for the total package? Thx

Yes, i bought them there and had them mount and balance. After all that BS it came to 200 bucks.

did you go with the 120/90?

yes sir

Not bad my SM needs new rubber I was looking at about 150 just for the rear . I think I'll try these .

Not bad my SM needs new rubber I was looking at about 150 just for the rear . I think I'll try these .

just know that the front tire is pretty big. I orignially wanted the 244's, but was talked out of it.....but so far these seem to be pretty good