Sign in to follow this  

Kicked off mx track why?

So I recently went to a local mx track with a crf150f for my first time which has alot of modifications and went on the track and after two laps they kicked me off and said my bike can't handle it :foul:  which i dont understand because i have taken large jumps and laid fast laps on it before. What is your opinion on this? :confused:

I'm sorry I really don't understand why you would post this topic. And I agree you are probably not telling us the whole story!!!

• Like 2

...they kicked me off and said my bike can't handle it...

Next time try going to the track on a BMW R1200GS.

That bike will be able to handle it, since it has 8x the engine your 150 does.  Then they won't kick you off!

• Like 3

You didn’t mistakenly get out there with A class riders or something? When I go to a practice day I take two bikes. I switch between a CRF150F and an old 1984 XR250R, but make certain I go out with the C class. I don’t do doubles, heck I hardly jump at all, but have never been kicked off. By chance are you a beginner and really slow? Nothing wrong with being slow, we all have to start sometime. Maybe that track has a rule that you have to maintain a certain pace or something?

Not sure if you meant 150r since the 150f is a trail bike which cant run with 85s and in that case the track officials would take you out of practice for safety but i could be wrong, not too sure on the situation though

Not sure if you meant 150r since the 150f is a trail bike which cant run with 85s and in that case the track officials would take you out of practice for safety but i could be wrong, not too sure on the situation though

I ride my totally stock 150f at the MX track all the time.  If you can't get around a MX track decent on a 150F you probably shouldn't be out there on anything bigger.

• Like 3

So I recently went to a local mx track with a crf150f for my first time which has alot of modifications and went on the track and after two laps they kicked me off and said my bike can't handle it :foul:  which i dont understand because i have taken large jumps and laid fast laps on it before. What is your opinion on this? :confused:

If you are taking large jumps on a CRF150F, you are doing more than the bike can handle. It is a consumer trail bike, not a motocross bike or an enduro bike. 

• Like 2

If you are taking large jumps on a CRF150F, you are doing more than the bike can handle. It is a consumer trail bike, not a motocross bike or an enduro bike. 

What does that have to do with anything? The bike is perfectly capable of handling large jumps......having the balls to actually do them on a bike like that is the real skill!

• Like 2

What does that have to do with anything? The bike is perfectly capable of handling large jumps......having the balls to actually do them on a bike like that is the real skill!

If you say so but the track owner doesn't have to accept that kind of risk. Plus, if it takes "balls" to do it, you basically just agreed with me that the bike is not really capable of it.

If you say so but the track owner doesn't have to accept that kind of risk. Plus, if it takes "balls" to do it, you basically just agreed with me that the bike is not really capable of it.

Your correct in the track owner not having to take responsibility....

But I dont agree with you in your logic saying that because it's not generally prefered as a track bike, it's not capable of doing it. If it was all I had, I would make it work....

Your correct in the track owner not having to take responsibility....

But I dont agree with you in your logic saying that because it's not generally prefered as a track bike, it's not capable of doing it. If it was all I had, I would make it work....

It may be generally not preferred as a track bike but i usually ride and race at budds creek and a 150f has no chance of hitting those tabletops let alone putting down competitive lap times against the 85s, mixing that in with the highly competitive racers would make unsafe conditions so they are usually pulled off the track or grouped with crf 80s and other trail bikes. But then again thats just my perspective from a racing/practice standpoint.
  • Like 1

It may be generally not preferred as a track bike but i usually ride and race at budds creek and a 150f has no chance of hitting those tabletops let alone putting down competitive lap times against the 85s, mixing that in with the highly competitive racers would make unsafe conditions so they are usually pulled off the track or grouped with crf 80s and other trail bikes. But then again thats just my perspective from a racing/practice standpoint.

You sure about that? I'm pretty confident I could lay a lap time equally as fast as any 85.

• Like 1

You sure about that? I'm pretty confident I could lay a lap time equally as fast as any 85.

A 150r definitely has a chance but budds creek is a tough track for small bikes especially trail bikes because of the steep hills and short run ups. But if you could keep up with this kid on a stock 150f i would be very surprised, id have a tough time trying to catch him on my 125 or 250. Search HELMET CAM: Budds CreekMX Park 85(9-11)A on youtube to see the track from an 85, this kids fast

I have to say for safeties sake the officials did the right thing.  Having someone on a trails bike on a mx track is really dangerous let alone one that small.  I have seen a few people ride that bike on a mx track and have to say the rider was not very courteous and was in everyones way most the time.  

I have to say for safeties sake the officials did the right thing.  Having someone on a trails bike on a mx track is really dangerous let alone one that small.  I have seen a few people ride that bike on a mx track and have to say the rider was not very courteous and was in everyones way most the time.  

I don't get it.  What is the difference between someone slow on a trail bike and someone slow on the latest 450?  How does it somehow become more unsafe because it is a trail bike.  Are all the beginners or C riders doing all the jumps?  Like I said I ride my 150F at the motocross track all the time.  Can I do all the jumps?  No but I cant do them on my 450 either.  There are always guys slower than me on big bikes and I hold my line and faster guys have no problem getting by me.  I think the biggest issue is guys on 50HP bikes getting passed by a 10HP trail bike.

• Like 1

I don't get it. What is the difference between someone slow on a trail bike and someone slow on the latest 450? How does it somehow become more unsafe because it is a trail bike. Are all the beginners or C riders doing all the jumps? Like I said I ride my 150F at the motocross track all the time. Can I do all the jumps? No but I cant do them on my 450 either. There are always guys slower than me on big bikes and I hold my line and faster guys have no problem getting by me. I think the biggest issue is guys on 50HP bikes getting passed by a 10HP trail bike.

Haha thats true it sucks to get passed by a 65 hitting all the huge jumps, ya i guess as long as the classes arent really competitive it would be fine, and as long as its not a practice before a race