Sign in to follow this  

oil change rmz 250

I just bought a 2011 rmz250 and don't know how to change the oil, the guy said there are two bolts you drain it from and one bolt to fill it up, is this true

I just bought a 2011 rmz250 and don't know how to change the oil, the guy said there are two bolts you drain it from and one bolt to fill it up, is this true

under the motor there are two bolts, i forget the sizes but one is larger than the other. these drain oil from the transmission and motor compartments. filling the bike with oil is on the right side of the bike on top of the clutch cover. also on the right side of the bike is the oil filter cover held on by two 8mm bolts. it is also important to clean the oil strainer every once and a while, this is located behind a 12mm bolt behind the shifter. did the previouse owner give you a manual?

But the looks of your email I can tell your a Aussie so ill cut you some slack.... But still you bought a mx bike which are high maintainence and you don't know how to change the oil???

Be careful when your doing the drain bolts back up that you don't cross thread them, Stock Suzuki threads are shit, I know I've got a 13 rmz250

But like the other guys said get a manual it's worth the money, Itl save you a lot of hassle

motoaddict 94, nah mate i know how to change oil, i was making sure that the two bolts were where you drain it and the one on the clutch side was where you put it in, i was only making sure because it is a little different to my old 150f,

2 bolts on bottom remove an start draining, then remove the oil fill cap on RH SIDE & remove the timing plug on LH side magneto cover (small plug about 11 o'clock position) this ventilated the crankcase and allows the oil to fully drain out - then remove 2 8mm bolts for filter cover in RH side at water pump and remove cover, spring and filter (change if paper filter or clean if it's a stainless that can be reused) then there are 2 screens you need to check - 1 is the plug on LH side by the shifter lever - just remove the plug and a finger screen is behind it - and the other is the oil pump pick up screen which requires the removal of the magneto cover on LH side. Once mag cover is off (I personally do not remove the wires to do this) also after all bolts are removed from cover it may feel like it does not want to come off but it will as it's magnetized and that is what your pulling against, the effect of a big magnet - after cover is off - you will see (2) 8mm bolts in the lower RH corner - remove those and pull off the piece it will have a screen in bottom - clean and inspect screens for debris, and reinstall them - note of caution when installing everything back - make sure the oil pump screen housing is flush & sitting correctly before tightening bolts, and do not over tighten any of the smaller 8mm bolts as they will break off. I change oil every 5 hours and do filter every other change and screens about every 4th

Good luck