Sign in to follow this  

NorthCarolina WNC

I'm just getting back into riding after a looooong absence.I have been riding Windrock(DH bicycle), but never on a moto there.I may need to get the feel of my moto first before I jump on WR's trails.

Any noobs around Asheville,NC. ? Looking at Enoree for a first time out next weekend, as usual everything is 2 hours away.

I live near Cherokee. I'd moved up here from Georgia; so, I have no riding buddies up here. Only problem is that I'm rebuilding my xr600 right now. I may get a Yamaha wr426 in a few months and I love to have someone to ride with every now and then

I live near Cherokee. I'd moved up here from Georgia; so, I have no riding buddies up here. Only problem is that I'm rebuilding my xr600 right now. I may get a Yamaha wr426 in a few months and I love to have someone to ride with every now and then

Awesome! I'm actually in Waynesville so not that far from you.When you get your ride ready just let me know.

I'm down in Topton, near Andrews. There's lots of guys riding around here, you just need to check the various forums . Last weekend a bunch of ADVriders had a ride near Murphy NC, they called it the Cheap Beaver.

The folks from Durhamtown are hosting a ride this coming weekend at (or near) the old Upper Tellico ORV area , near Murphy.

I just rode with a small group yesterday down in Morganton GA on a gravel road and rough jeep road d/s ride.

It was posted on another small m/c website. Check the SE forum for KLR World too. I did an excellent ride one year with those guys up in the Waynesville/Max Patch area.

You just gotta keep looking, find the rides then show up. Just take a chance. Sometimes the ride, the people or the type of bikes that show up won't suit you. But it's better than sitting home because nobody's calling you up with an invitation to ride.

I met one of my best motorcycle friends in this area because he posted up a ride he was organizing over in the Sylva area. I knew no one, but just showed up and rode with them. We've been friends every since.

I've got a non plated bike, but I've also got plated EXC 450. Your chances of finding riding opportunities will be much better with a plated bike.

That's my 2 cents worth.

RB

• Like 1

I'm down in Topton, near Andrews. There's lots of guys riding around here, you just need to check the various forums . Last weekend a bunch of ADVriders had a ride near Murphy NC, they called it the Cheap Beaver.

The folks from Durhamtown are hosting a ride this coming weekend at (or near) the old Upper Tellico ORV area , near Murphy.

I just rode with a small group yesterday down in Morganton GA on a gravel road and rough jeep road d/s ride.

It was posted on another small m/c website. Check the SE forum for KLR World too. I did an excellent ride one year with those guys up in the Waynesville/Max Patch area.

You just gotta keep looking, find the rides then show up. Just take a chance. Sometimes the ride, the people or the type of bikes that show up won't suit you. But it's better than sitting home because nobody's calling you up with an invitation to ride.

I met one of my best motorcycle friends in this area because he posted up a ride he was organizing over in the Sylva area. I knew no one, but just showed up and rode with them. We've been friends every since.

I've got a non plated bike, but I've also got plated EXC 450. Your chances of finding riding opportunities will be much better with a plated bike.

That's my 2 cents worth.

RB

Thanks RB, it may be a while before I get a plated bike tho. I'll be riding trails and track a lot till then.

I actually live about 2 miles outside of Sylva. I'm right near the ORV trails in Cullowhee. I haven't got to ride them yet though. I spent the summer trying to get my bike right. I know an insane amount of trails where I grew up in Georgia. It's not too far from Morganton.

I actually live about 2 miles outside of Sylva. I'm right near the ORV trails in Cullowhee. I haven't got to ride them yet though. I spent the summer trying to get my bike right. I know an insane amount of trails where I grew up in Georgia. It's not too far from Morganton.

I had never heard of Morganton,Ga. → had to look it up. I grew up in Albany,Ga. = hottest place on earth! I definitely want to hit worryhut. I've been fishing Bear lake some lately and keep seeing the signs for the OHV area.

Yeah, you practically go right past it on the way to bear lake. The trail shares the name with the road it's on. It's spelled weird though. Something like wayahuetta. I know that's not correct. I could find out the spelling and tell ya how to get there. I've went up to the beginning of the trail. It looks pretty nice. I could actually walk to the road that the trails are on in about two minutes from where I'm at. Being that you're near Andrews you shouldn't be far from Blairsville. Beasley Knob trails are out there. My buddy used to tell me they were pretty fun.

Yeah, you practically go right past it on the way to bear lake. The trail shares the name with the road it's on. It's spelled weird though. Something like wayahuetta. I know that's probably not correct. I could find out the spelling and tell ya how to get there. I've went up to the beginning of the trail. It looks pretty nice. I could actually walk to the road that the trails are on in about two minutes from where I'm at. Being that you're near Andrews you shouldn't be far from Blairsville. Beasley Knob trails are out there. My buddy used to tell me they were pretty fun.

I dunno why that repeated. Lol

Funny though. I've got some ole buddies from Albany that lived near Andrews for a few years. That's the only reason I know of Andrews