Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Racing

I was wondering if I should get into motocross racing, I recently got a 125 and i think it would be fun. Should I wait another year so i don't kill myself

i have been on my bike 3 times and im starting racing next season so its all up to you. just hit the track see how comfortable you are or are not and decide from there.

Nope. If you have to ask if you should race mx you aren't comfortable or confident enough to do anything.

Settle down keyboard warrior. I agree that he probably isn't ready but the fact that he asked doesn't mean he isn't comfortable or confident enough "to do anything." Don't try to discourage him from riding.

• Like 2

I say go for it. Why not? It's addicting, and a lot of fun. Kids are racing at 3-4 yrs old, so you are actually behind the game. I can't wait to start racing again next season. I took a few years off, got back into it this year and rode a bunch of practices, and now I am ready to race again. I did one race this year, broke a few ribs, then decided I would finish out the year getting my skill back before racing again.

Settle down keyboard warrior. I agree that he probably isn't ready but the fact that he asked doesn't mean he isn't comfortable or confident enough "to do anything." Don't try to discourage him from riding.

True. I stand corrected.

Mr. OP...... I suggest you stick to the woods and fields for a while. Do not enter a track until you are comfortable jumping small jumps, and riding with many people... People who will blow your doors down, that much faster than you. Trust me, i remember my first time to a track.

• Like 2

Just try a few practices at a local track, learn to hold a line and get comfortable riding within your limits, and go from there, I just got back into after being out of it for 3 years it takes some time to get up to par but best advice for mx is take it one step at a time

Nobody is ready their first time.  You don't know what to expect and practicing isn't the same as race day.  Go with sombody that has some experience and is willing to help you out.  And don't be afraid to be last.

• Like 2

I'm a new old guy to dirt anything. Did my first race and rolled everything. Just hit a local race. Get in the beginner class, hold your line and just ride. I even counted to 3 before I left the gate as to not get caught up in the first turn and wreck. finnished 5th out of 7 because I didnt wreck.