Sign in to follow this  

Drz400E wheel bearings?

I have used all balls kits in the past. They usually don't come with much grease. I pop one seal off (carefully) and pack in some bell ray waterproof grease. Seems to be lasting quite well.

Save yourself some money and buy any of the quality brands (whichever is cheapest) from fleabay.

I re-did mine with FAG & SKF bearings for much less than the kits (which have cheaper bearings), I didn't change the seals though.

I don't worry about the seals TBH as they are going to wear back to the same level pretty quick I suspect.

Save yourself some money and buy any of the quality brands (whichever is cheapest) from fleabay.

I re-did mine with FAG & SKF bearings for much less than the kits (which have cheaper bearings), I didn't change the seals though.

I don't worry about the seals TBH as they are going to wear back to the same level pretty quick I suspect.

if your wheel bearings spacers have grooves worn in them, yes.

if your wheel bearing spacers are new, or at least still smooth, the seals will last a nice long time. grease them lightly so they don't warm up, and pack the wheel bearings well, everything will last a whole lot longer. 

if your wheel bearings spacers have grooves worn in them, yes.

Yes, my wheel spacers are grooved as will most peoples I expect.

I sometimes repack my new wheel bearings with waterproof grease before installing but one step I also do is to try and fill the space between the outer seal and the bearing seal with waterproof grease - that way there is no space for the water sit behind the outer seal and hence another line of defence for the wheel bearings. I top this grease up each time the wheel comes off.

I regularly ride river crossings so the wheel bearings are often submerged while moving, I don't suffer excessive wheel bearing wear so something must be working. :ride:  :thumbsup:

Koyo or NTN bearings are OEM suppliers to the big Jap 4, and bith are a quality make

If you buy geniune Suzuki bearings, all you get are Koyo or NTN bearings, in a suzuki box

I've always used Koyo (bought as aftermarket bearing, not as a genuine part)

• Like 1

Koyo or NTN bearings are OEM suppliers to the big Jap 4, and bith are a quality make

If you buy geniune Suzuki bearings, all you get are Koyo or NTN bearings, in a suzuki box

I've always used Koyo (bought as aftermarket bearing, not as a genuine part)

could you post the part #'s of the Koyo bearings? Thanks.

... I top this grease up each time the wheel comes off >>> must be working. :ride:  :thumbsup:

yeppers, that'll do it

i tried with regular axle grease at first, and ran through 2-3 sets in a season. even flushing the seals /bearings with it didn't help prevent failures. new wheel bearing spacers made of stainless steel vs the stock ones made of cheese and high quality (walmart lol) waterproof grease has helped immensely.