Sign in to follow this  

best bike for me?

hey guys currently im riding a crf 150f and it has gotten to small. i am 5'11 and 150lbs i would say im a pretty good rider im looking for a new bike to trail ride do hillclimbs and the odd day at the track what would be the best bike for me? 

im worried with a 125 2t being too small as im 15 and im still growing

a 125 has the same size frame as the other big bikes and it will have enough power to keep u happy for a long time, I say 125 also.

what about low end power i hear that they lack the power for turning around a corner and ripping up a steep hill

what about low end power i hear that they lack the power for turning around a corner and ripping up a steep hill

this is true they are not known for having great low end but I ride a cr125 which are known for having a weak low end even by 125 standards and I don't really notice it being a major problem not having tons of low end grunt, u just have to be on top of the bike more to get the most out of it. It will make u a much better rider in the long run.

i dont want to be looking for more for a while after i buy a new bike how does it compare to a kdx 220?

i dont want to be looking for more for a while after i buy a new bike how does it compare to a kdx 220?

I have never had any experience on a kdx but from what I have researched because when I was in the market for a new bike I really wanted one people said they are not as fast as a 125 but are definitely a great woods bike because they have great low end torque, but they suffer in to he suspension area but that can easily be fixed, so I u are just riding trails the kdx would be a good option, the only problem is finding a nice one.

would the kdx be alright for doing small jumps? im not really into even 40 footers im talking about mayby theres a nice rock i can get some air off of

Kdx stock suspension is ok for medium size jumps when set up properly. With work they can be raced at the pro level. With their cult-like following, resale is never a problem.