Anybody Riding a Husqvarna TXC 310R

you said that 2 weeks ago. ?

LOL I know and heck I even said it a couple of months ago but I'm just scared to pull the trigger on one. I think I may want to try the new Sherco but just don't want to spend twice the money on one. I'm just glad when I hunt I don't hesitate like this to pull the trigger!

you won't be dissapointed ! I had a dialed in WR WB 165 that was awesome but do to a pulled inner right leg muscle it was a pain to kick start the 165. I purchase the 13 TXC 310 to replace it. The 310 is a very impressive bike !

How does the weight and power feel compared to the 165?

The e start has been flawless. Starts instantly hot or cold.

Awesome! If Husky were still making this bike I wouldn't hesitate so much. I'm going to call the dealer today just to make sure everything is as quoted and get all the shipping details. Thanks.

Awesome! If Husky were still making this bike I wouldn't hesitate so much. I'm going to call the dealer today just to make sure everything is as quoted and get all the shipping details. Thanks.

Your going to be very happy. I think the e start issue was fixed on the later production bikes.

I got mine for $6600 out the door. Title,tax and plate. Keep us updated

• Like 1

I bought a 2013 TXC 310r back in April and the e starter works when it's cold but not when hot.  To the dealer's credit he is still trying to figure this out.  The bike is a great running and handling bike.  When you get the bike, make sure you ride it hard after break in for a while to be certain your e starter is OK.

Thanks for the feed back. The e-start is the only negative thing that I've heard about the 310. I think I can live with that, I've never owned a dirt bike with e-start. I'm picking mine up Friday and if all goes well I'll be racing a cross country race Sunday with it. I'm paying $5985 for a 2014. I think it's a pretty good deal! The KTM dealers are suppose to take up the parts a service of the Italian make ones. Keep your fingers crossed.

Rex

I picked up a lightly used '13 about a month ago and put 100 miles on it today.  It's a great bike.  Replaced my Yamaha wr250f.  It's lighter and has more power.  E-start has been fine.  The only problem is oil weeping out near the stator wire.  Seems to be relatively common but a pretty easy fix.

• 2 weeks later...

I love my 13...had it since April so have gotten a lot of time on it.

* FMF slip on - louder (bad) but way way more low-end roll on.

* Oil is weeping by my stator wires also.

* When the bike was new the e-start quit working.  Dealer did the recall and it worked fine all summer then stopped again.  Thought i was gonna have to buy a new $300 starter, but the worm gear assembly (between the starter and the stator cover) was the culprit.  It was locking up (must have been a piece of dirt or something in the gearing.)  Took it all apart, cleaned with contact cleaner, greased up with light lithium grease, and it's been bulletproof since.

So, a couple mild growing pains, but dang i LOVE this bike.  Corners amazing, and the power is perfect for mid-west woods.

Could you post a picture of this?

Hey Scratchpad...I'm technologically challenged (or too lazy to figure out how to post up a pic).  On the stator cover case, there is a rubber grommet where the stator wires exit (it's at about 1:30).  This is where the oil leaks out, and then makes everything below it oil soaked.  I've lived with it for a month now.  Just got everything degreased, gonna pull the cover off and use Threebond 1211 to seal it up.  Hope this helps you.

Thanks! 

Hey Scratchpad...I'm technologically challenged (or too lazy to figure out how to post up a pic).  On the stator cover case, there is a rubber grommet where the stator wires exit (it's at about 1:30).  This is where the oil leaks out, and then makes everything below it oil soaked.  I've lived with it for a month now.  Just got everything degreased, gonna pull the cover off and use Threebond 1211 to seal it up.  Hope this helps you.

Not a 310, but I did pick up a 2014 TXC 250R at a super great deal two weeks ago.   So, who rides the TXC 250 and what mods are you finding are best on this bike?    What gearing are you running....   Rode my 250 at the Gobbler Getter Enduro and found it to be a blast.