Rm 250 rev limit issues

So I took my rm250 out for a ride over the weekend and she went good for its of the day then I went I climb up a fire break and I noticed that it had lost all is power would just both down to nothin. So I went out in to a flat paddock for a burn to try work out wat was going on and I would get to about quater throttle and it wouldn't jump in life in the power band area instead just rev limit like no tomorrow any ideas anyone

Edited by BarnettN

New Zealand and where just comming in to summer me a and a mate pulled her apart and look at the reeds, power valve, changed plug and shortened the lead just case it was cracked, new fuel, pull the carby apart and cleaned her,new air filter pulled the fly wheel cover off for a look. Every thing seem good she starts and ldels like a dream but as soon as its under load no ones home as far as power goes

Yea that could be possible didn't check or try it coz u had a couple of crack at getting up the fire break and even though it was bogging down and not that 2 stroke rev it balls off power I'm use to it did keep going and climbing till I reared it over it was very torquey and tractor like

If I have this right, turn the adjustment counterclockwise for more top end. Not too much because on mine it moved it so high that I couldn't, hit it without having a blown motor scare. Start with 1 turn tops. If that doesn't work change it back and try a hotter plug. Ie if you are running br9's move to br8's. because my bike won't hit the power and unless its hot.

That adjuster makes a huge difference. If you turn it counterclockwise it will sound pingy on startup with more top end and if you turn it clockwise it will sound real smooth on startup with more bottom end. I typically stop turning clockwise when the spring will turn the adjuster on its own. It's a real easy adjustment that I change everytime I got from pit to woods or vise versa.

• Like 1