Sign in to follow this  

Beta 250 RR Question

Hello.  Longtime KTM 300 rider here.  Looking to switch to Beta for a change of scenery.  Also thinking of maybe giving the 250 a tumble.

Question is, if the 250 turns out to be not enough can you simply get the 300 topend parts and bolt them on like you can on a KTM?

Yes, but ... Bikes have unique ignitions as well, so that's also required.

I've asked AmBeta to put a single-part-number kit together for easy ordering.

Yes, but ... Bikes have unique ignitions as well, so that's also required.

I've asked AmBeta to put a single-part-number kit together for easy ordering.

Thanks.  Yeah ignition as well.  

Thanks.  Yeah ignition as well.  

Off the top of my head you'd need to change:

* piston assembly

* cylinder

* power valve flappers

* head

* ignition

* spark plug

* power valve spring

* gaskets

* jetting

pipes are different too iirc

Thankfully, pipes between 250 and 300 are the same.

motoxgiant's list is full and correct.

The only think that is not on the list is the extra plate that the 300 has between the reed block and the cylinder which places the induction a little back.

It is not necessary to use it, however if yes then longer reed cage bolts are needed.

Thankfully, pipes between 250 and 300 are the same.

motoxgiant's list is full and correct.

The only think that is not on the list is the extra plate that the 300 has between the reed block and the cylinder which places the induction a little back.

It is not necessary to use it, however if yes then longer reed cage bolts are needed.

If it does to the Beta what it does to the KTM 200 all it does is help bottom end torque.

It adjusts lower end volume for the 300 displacement. I know if you pull the OEM spacer from a GG300 the bike becomes more of a handful. I never liked what they did to a 250, felt softer and like the bike reved slower.

Well the question is moot.  Just ordered a 300.  Local dealer gave me a great deal.  Anyone interested in a clean 2013 KTM 300XC-W with Utah plates?

Seems to be a lot of that going around. I wonder how many Beta 300's have been sold so far? Seems like it might be rapidly increasing.

Seems to be a lot of that going around. I wonder how many Beta 300's have been sold so far? Seems like it might be rapidly increasing.

Soon TT will need separate 2 Stroke and 4 Stroke Beta categories. 

At the last harescramble I counted at least five including me. Four 300RRs and a four stroke(not sure of size). They know what they are doing, build a quality bike, and its being taken serious. Company is also financially stable. I see GG in a state of decline as far as interest and demand here, and no doubt this has helped Beta. Will also help Sherco get off the ground. Bikes are getting too expensive and people are demanding more for their $$, and this is one bike that delivers.

At the last harescramble I counted at least five including me. Four 300RRs and a four stroke(not sure of size).

For a bike that has been out less than two years that is substantial.

For a bike that has been out less than two years that is substantial.

The 300RR is very popular over here in the UK aswell  :cool: .. Sadly Sherco not so much, people buy them then sell them on, don't know why? Maybe spares/servicing are too expensive?

Beta seem to be doing everything right :thumbsup: