Sign in to follow this  

39mm FCR

Ok soooo its getting closer and closer to time for my girlfriend to order the 39mm FCR for me for my B-day/Xmas present!!! :)

Couple questions....

Where to order from??? I know Eddie will set it up for my specs and all but has anyone ordered from him lately? (i dont want this to turn into another eddie bashing thread...) just curious to know if he has gotten everything ironed out with his most recent move away from epic? This would best be answered by people who have recently ordered from him as i said i dont want this to be another eddie bashing forum... 

Next, if i end up ordering the carb from the TT store i assume its not going to come setup for my specs... will i need to order any jets or a needle or anything? or will the jets that come with it one of them will be the proper one i need? only mods are 3x3 and mrd/ssw pipe... 

annnnnnnd i felt like i had another question or 2 but that is all for now... ooo another quick one if you have ordered an FCR from eddie lately is his price the same as the TT store? i dont see a price on his website and i also dont see a place to "add to cart" so if i do go with him i will just call until i get ahold of him...

thanks in advance guys... just trying to get my ducks in a row and know where im ordering from before she gives me the good news that she is ready to pay for it :) 

another one... is the install just a straight forward swap out? or is the fcr-mx a bigger carb and something has to be modified?

another one... is the install just a straight forward swap out? or is the fcr-mx a bigger carb and something has to be modified

scratch that just found the install write up in the faq about to read it...

Shoot Eddie an email to get an E.T.A...price wise he is usually about the same price as the TT shop...

Ask for a conversion kit, it comes with the bits you need....

BTW....Your girlfriend is worth holding on to.......lol

Edited by Craigo 485sm
  • Like 1

Shoot Eddie an email to get an E.T.A...price wise he is usually about the same price as the TT shop...

Ask for a conversion kit, it comes with the bits you need....

BTW....Your girlfriend is worth holding on to.......lol

what do you mean by converstion kit? i have been doing a little research is the conversion your speaking of pertaining to the ap spring mod? solving the bog issue? 

and believe me i know shes worth holding onto! a 1000 dollar tv for b-day/xmas last year and now an fcr carb this year! besides (spilling the beans here) she is pregnant :) im going to be a daddy!!! so she isnt going anywhere :) (cooks cleans does the dishes and does the laundry too!) i have known she was a keeper ever since she moved in! 

• Like 1

Ok soooo its getting closer and closer to time for my girlfriend to order the 39mm FCR for me for my B-day/Xmas present!!! :)

Couple questions....

Where to order from??? I know Eddie will set it up for my specs and all but has anyone ordered from him lately? (i dont want this to turn into another eddie bashing thread...) just curious to know if he has gotten everything ironed out with his most recent move away from epic? This would best be answered by people who have recently ordered from him as i said i dont want this to be another eddie bashing forum...

Next, if i end up ordering the carb from the TT store i assume its not going to come setup for my specs... will i need to order any jets or a needle or anything? or will the jets that come with it one of them will be the proper one i need? only mods are 3x3 and mrd/ssw pipe...

annnnnnnd i felt like i had another question or 2 but that is all for now... ooo another quick one if you have ordered an FCR from eddie lately is his price the same as the TT store? i dont see a price on his website and i also dont see a place to "add to cart" so if i do go with him i will just call until i get ahold of him...

thanks in advance guys... just trying to get my ducks in a row and know where im ordering from before she gives me the good news that she is ready to pay for it :)

Sorry in a little new who is this Eddie you talk of? I'm also interested in an FCR!

A well known well respected motorcycle mechanic in colorado... has done some pretty big things for the drz i guess you could say he specializes in the drz engine...

• Like 1

This conversion kit includes:
- Keihin 39mm FCR Carb with choke (no TPS)
- FCR Adapter 2 3/8", carb to S airboot**
- Adaptor O-Ring**
- EMN Needle**
- Airboot adapter bolts (2)**
- P/N 13111-29F00 OEM Suzuki E Intake Manifold
- P/N 09402-58208 OEM Suzuki Clamp
- P/N 13685-29F00 OEM Suzuki Vacuum Port Nipple

This is Eddie.....http://www.thumpertalk.com/user/5904-eddie-sisneros/

Here is his business.....http://www.sisnerosspeedworks.com/

A well known well respected motorcycle mechanic in colorado... has done some pretty big things for the drz i guess you could say he specializes in the drz engine...

Just to add to this.....

He is the Official TT Jetting - intake- fuel injection expert....this guy can build engines in his sleep, yes that good....  :thumbsup:

This conversion kit includes:

- Keihin 39mm FCR Carb with choke (no TPS)

- FCR Adapter 2 3/8", carb to S airboot**

- Adaptor O-Ring**

- EMN Needle**

- Airboot adapter bolts (2)**

- P/N 13111-29F00 OEM Suzuki E Intake Manifold

- P/N 09402-58208 OEM Suzuki Clamp

- P/N 13685-29F00 OEM Suzuki Vacuum Port Nipple

This is Eddie.....http://www.thumpertalk.com/user/5904-eddie-sisneros/

Here is his business.....http://www.sisnerosspeedworks.com/[/quote

GGotcha... so technically its not bolt on... it needs an adapter for the air boot... i know ill have to ask eddie but anyone know what his fix is for the ap? Will hebjust do the grinding on the diaphram or would he change the spring out for me aswell? Or do i only need 1 or the other done?

I'm in the exact same position. Ordered the FCR 39mm kit from TT store a month ago, and order was (presumably, according to store policy) cancelled since it did not become available for 30 days. I emailed [edit: Eddie Sisneros'] store on Friday but haven't received an answer yet. 

Edited by pulco

I'm in the exact same position. Ordered the FCR 39mm kit from TT store a month ago, and order was (presumably, according to store policy) cancelled since it did not become available for 30 days. I emailed [edit: Eddie Sisneros'] store on Friday but haven't received an answer yet.

LLet me know what he says if you get an answer... not sure when im ordering i just know its going to be sometime soon... i think i might just cross my fingers and go with eddie...

I ordered my FCR from Wheeling Cycle Supply, shipped the same day. The FCR I ordered was not the MX version though, however no vacuum lines to mess with, came with everything needed, no clearance problems, a standard extended fuel screw works, and was cheaper than any of the other prices I saw online. It came with the recommended jetting as well.

I would say just order the TT Kit. It come with just about everything you need. Only 2 additional things you will need is safety wire and maybe the right main jet for your setup. Have fun getting it on there. :D

Also I might add, it is wise to invest in a quick turn fuel screw.

Ok eddy is a good guy I'm sure he means good , but I ordered a few parts from him a few weeks ageo .. Contacting him was hard after I ordered the parts I wanted a tracking which took two weeks to get .. This whole time he said its been shipped well long story short I got my parts three weeks later, come to find out he wrote the complete wrong address on the package to me which went all around the world before it got to me ... Then I was happy I got the package so I open it to find he sent me the wrong parts .. So here we go again try and get a hold of him and get it straighten out , he sends right parts out again to me and again with the wrong address on the package which was supposed to be shipped over night took a week to get to me, at the end i wasnt really a happy camper ... This is really not bashing on Eddie I'm sure he's a good guy and means good but it doesn't look like he got everything worked out after his split .. Or maybe just my luck

whats the difference in the fcr and the fcr-mx? are they the same performance wise? does wheeling only offer the regular fcr and not the mx? (yes i am about to look and do research just figured i would go ahead and put it on here...)

whats the difference in the fcr and the fcr-mx? are they the same performance wise? does wheeling only offer the regular fcr and not the mx? (yes i am about to look and do research just figured i would go ahead and put it on here...)

The Fcrmx is an upgrade of the previous fcr (slant body)......performance is a little better overall, as you expect from an upgrade....

The Fcrmx is an upgrade of the previous fcr (slant body)......performance is a little better overall, as you expect from an upgrade.... :D

The Fcrmx is an upgrade of the previous fcr (slant body)......performance is a little better overall, as you expect from an upgrade....

The Fcrmx is an upgrade of the previous fcr (slant body)......performance is a little better overall, as you expect from an upgrade.... :D

i assume the slant body has the same problems with the ap as the mx? and if i replace the ap spring on the mx thats all i need to do right? no safety wire or anything... other than a new fuel screw...

i assume the slant body has the same problems with the ap as the mx? and if i replace the ap spring on the mx thats all i need to do right? no safety wire or anything... other than a new fuel screw...

You can use another AP spring on the fcrmx but the cheaper option is the O ring mod (with wire)

A very simple procedure with the Fcrmx....

DSCN4146.jpg