Sign in to follow this  

Carnagie or Metcalf tomorrow?

Hi there, 

New to the forum, and back on dirt bikes after a 15 year hiatus. I have ridden quite a bit in the last 3 months, and am getting more and more curious about hitting the track. 

I am headed out tomorrow, and am trying to decide between carnagie or metcalf? Could anyone out there offer any advice? If riding on the track a bad ida of your not badass at it? 

I figure monday is a great time to go, after as it seems like there will be no one there. 

Thank you in advance! 

Jason

Hi there, 

New to the forum, and back on dirt bikes after a 15 year hiatus. I have ridden quite a bit in the last 3 months, and am getting more and more curious about hitting the track. 

I am headed out tomorrow, and am trying to decide between carnagie or metcalf? Could anyone out there offer any advice? If riding on the track a bad ida of your not badass at it? 

I figure monday is a great time to go, after as it seems like there will be no one there. 

Thank you in advance! 

Jason

I have not been to Carnagie but I have ridden at Metcalf.  The track at Metcalf is fun for begginers.  I could see where it would get boring for an experienced MX junkie.  There are lots of short trails around metcalf with single track and 2 track.  I would recommend Metcalf. 

Thanks guys. Give my the Bay Area Monday commuting shit show and the Bart strike, I decided to head dead east to mammoth bar in auburn. It was awesome. Shared the track with one other guy, who was fined and kicked out after 5 laps for not having a spark arrestor.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1382497042.512482.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1382497067.961367.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1382497086.280588.jpg

Mammoth bar looks fun. I'll have to check it out. I've never been there, I just keep driving and head up to Foresthill. Speaking if which, I want to get a group ride together up there soon, before the snow shuts it down.

• Like 1

Meet us at Stony tomorrow morning at Wolf Creek staging area, 8:30 ish....

Hi there,

Thank you in advance!

Jason

Or come on down to Hollister Hills

Edited by Gordo DeDog

You can do every trail twice in a 3 hour period at Mammoth Bar.  It's been 40 years since I've been to Metcalf, but I think I could do the same there. :(

You will not be able to hit every trail in 1 whole day at Carnegie.  There are hills at Carnegie I still have nightmares about. :jawdrop:

P.S.  Hocky if you don't show at Downieville on Saturday.......................................... I don't know what I'll do. :cry:

Edited by superslyko

I've ridden and raced at both tracks and when Carnegie is good then it's great but when it's bad, it sucks big time. Metcalf has never been that bad for me. However, Metcalf is way small and gets old quickly. For just track, I would go Metcalf but also club moto is right there and a few other places as well. Mammoth bar was a great choice.

Yea, I agree that it was small. And the black diamond trails were pretty intense. It was my first time on a motocross ever, which was awesome. 5 days later and I'm still sore!

The next place I want to explore is stonyford. I've heard wonderful things.