Sign in to follow this  

NO SPARK, With Brand New Parts..

My chain recently came of my SSR 125 and broke the pickup on the stator plate. SO I went and bought a Chinese inner rotor kit from ebay and replaced the part. After I got it one and all wired up, I had no spark what so ever. Fooled and fooled with it and still had no spark. So I figured it was a junk kit, so I ordered a new stock stator plate, new magneto, new CDI, new coil, and wiring harness. Installed all the stuff on the bike, and nothing. No spark. I can't figure it out. I capped off the Yellow and White wires off the stator because I have no lighting. So I have a Red/Black wire and a Blue/White wire and a ground coming from the stator plate. I run those to the CDI with the wiring harness then I have a Black/White wire that goes to a kill switch and a Yellow/Black wire that goes to the coil. Then grounds of course. But when I kick it over, with a test light the Yellow/Black wire doesn't have any power but the Black/White does. So does that mean the CDI is bad? Is there other ways to test this? Would a fouled plug do this? Im new to this stuff and but am familiar with wiring and such. Any help is appreciated. 

IMG_20131014_182844_104.jpg

We do NOT sell there Inner rotor kits anymore 

so here is the limit of support We can provide 

China Inner Rotor Wiring - TBolt USA Tech Database!

Inner Rotor Kit wiring info

China Inner rotor:

1. Green wire with (loop fitting) goes to Ground
2. Green wire with horseshoe fitting goes to Green terminal on coil
3. Yellow wire with horseshoe fitting goes to yellow terminal on coil
4. Brown wire goes to white off the stator
5.Red wire (has 2 connections) 1 is for Black wire off the stator the other is for a kill switch connection
6.Set up the IRK stator & Pick up in the Center of the adjustment and with a Business Card Thickness air gap or .012"

NOTE:
IF you still having trouble try flipping the stator over 

374595933_o.jpg?nc=168

374595904_o.jpg?nc=425

Trouble Shooting:
1.-Replace spark plug with another - many spark plugs have failed at over the years so exchange Spark plug & set gap at .030 on the spark plug 

2.-Set BOTH pickup (white wire device)& Stator(black wire device) at .010-.012 away from rotor 
with buiness card 

3.-Set BOTH pickup (white wire device)& Stator(black wire device) in the center of the slide 
screw adjustment

4.-Double check your green ground wire is attached to the same bolt as the coil ground 
under tank on frame (make sure the the ground is clean from debris) 

5.-Last Resort ONLY , Flip the Stator