Time to replace clutch

My 05 still has the original clutch 400 hrs approx. it's getting notchy. I don't think I wanna go recluse $$. What's the preferred replacement . I guess the basket is where I think there might be some good upgrades available. I just replaced my first clutch cable. It felt amazing. But the clutch engagement is getting grabby . Not bad but noticeable now. Any opinions?

My 05 still has the original clutch 400 hrs approx. it's getting notchy. I don't think I wanna go recluse $$. What's the preferred replacement . I guess the basket is where I think there might be some good upgrades available. I just replaced my first clutch cable. It felt amazing. But the clutch engagement is getting grabby . Not bad but noticeable now. Any opinions?

I certainly wouldn't want to replace an OEM part with another OEM part when you only got over 400 hours and 9 years of service...

C'mon Bill... ?

• Like 2

What about the basket that has the stainless fingers? I forgot who makes it. I'm a oem guy but I need to ask!

Barnett makes an aluminum basket with stainless inserts on the fingers.

Keep in mind that any aftermarket basket will NOT come with the ring gear. You will need to remove the old one and reattach it to the new one. You may need to source the rubber bumpers if they need replacing as Honda doesn't sell them.

The OEM Honda basket comes with ring gear and new bumpers already installed.

Make sure you take this into account when comparing prices...

• Like 1

Barnett makes an aluminum basket with stainless inserts on the fingers.

Keep in mind that any aftermarket basket will NOT come with the ring gear. You will need to remove the old one and reattach it to the new one. You may need to source the rubber bumpers if they need replacing as Honda doesn't sell them.

The OEM Honda basket comes with ring gear and new bumpers already installed.

Make sure you take this into account when comparing prices...

what does a job like this cost.?