Just starting

Ok so I'm 13 years old and recently I've been interested in racing. I have a Honda trx 250 I think 2006. I've been riding since I was 4 starting with a small 50 (just wondering if at the races they need to know if your experienced) but my Honda is completely stocked with no upgrades what so ever. My question is what parts should I buy to give me a better edge at the races. (I'm from California so finding a place to buy the parts is not so hard) any tips and suggestions??

Edited by Martin2919

Ok so I'm 13 years old and recently I've been interested in racing. I have a Honda trx 250 I think 2006. I've been riding since I was 4 starting with a small 50 (just wondering if at the races they need to know if your experienced) but my Honda is completely stocked with no upgrades what so ever. My question is what parts should I buy to give me a better edge at the races. (I'm from California so finding a place to buy the parts is not so hard) any tips and suggestions??

my tip to you is sell that quad and get a yamaha raptor 250 or a Honda 300ex for racing. Way better quads.

If you keep that then get a FULL exhaust( slip ons do absolutely nothing). Get a k&n air filter and remove the snorkel , jet arcordingly. Also I'd buy a cam and possibly a big bore kit depending how much you wanna spend. Nerf bars for racing are a must. Have good tires, good chain and sprockets . Usually need good suspension if you're really into it.

I say a raptor 250 before the 300ex, the 300s are fun the raptors are more race oriented, ya know ?

The raptors don't have much potential outside of stock form IMO. I kinda assumed he wouldn't be keeping it stock for racing, in that case however the raptors not bad.

The raptors don't have much potential outside of stock form IMO. I kinda assumed he wouldn't be keeping it stock for racing, in that case however the raptors not bad.

my nephew raced a raptor 250 for several years(2,1/2) and the thing slightly modded(had a full pipe and a cam and air filter and jetted ). Would outrun any stock 400ex or warrior or raptor 350. Or 300ex. It would damn near outrun an ltz400. It stayed side by side almost the whole way.

Well guys I would love to sell my Honda but for one thing I feel like after a while ill be able to upgrade my 250 to out run a few other atvs that are stocked (300's maybe a 400 if it's possible) I have been riding for a long time so I know how to get precise turns and stuff but I am completely clueless to parts and other atvs.

Well guys I would love to sell my Honda but for one thing I feel like after a while ill be able to upgrade my 250 to out run a few other atvs that are stocked (300's maybe a 400 if it's possible) I have been riding for a long time so I know how to get precise turns and stuff but I am completely clueless to parts and other atvs.

you're going to put a whole lot of money into that 250 to be able to get it to even outrun a 300ex, you'll have to have it bored, stroked, piped, cam, air filter, jetted, clutch , and any and every other lightweight part to be able to have it keep up with a 400.