CRANK SEAL? BIG JOB?

Hi everyone. I'm still a newbie. Grew up riding bikes and only now (at 25) have decided I want to buy a bike and having bought an Atomik a year or so ago and just didn't feel same riding the piece of crap.

Anyways, I'm a short ass 5"1, and there's a 2002 KTM 65 for sale locally however it needs its crack seals replaced. My old man is generally good with fixing absolutely anything mechanical, but I was wondering how big a job it would be? I was also informed that when you get the crank seals replaced, you generally replace the gasket too. Is this correct?

Would appreciate any help.

Cheers

Hi everyone. I'm still a newbie. Grew up riding bikes and only now (at 25) have decided I want to buy a bike and having bought an Atomik a year or so ago and just didn't feel same riding the piece of crap.

Anyways, I'm a short ass 5"1, and there's a 2002 KTM 65 for sale locally however it needs its crack seals replaced. My old man is generally good with fixing absolutely anything mechanical, but I was wondering how big a job it would be? I was also informed that when you get the crank seals replaced, you generally replace the gasket too. Is this correct?

Would appreciate any help.

Cheers

I wouldn't buy it, it needs work and it could be more of a problem than it's worth.

I bought my son a 65 for his birthday and I rode it a few times , however I'm 6'1 and 190 lbs it wasn't anything. I felt faster in a crf50. Lol

even though you're only 5'1 I'd get a crf150r other then that small 65...

U could probably pick up a 85 cheaper than a 150 or a 65

U could probably pick up a 85 cheaper than a 150 or a 65

Afraid not in Australia :( Any other suggestions? I've been also looking at a 97 kx80 and a 2001 kx60

Afraid not in Australia :( Any other suggestions? I've been also looking at a 97 kx80 and a 2001 kx60

get the kx80 over the kx60