IT'S LIVE! Full Review 2019 Honda CRF450L!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

California Do you like the off topic chatter in every CA Forum thread ?

Chatter  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the off topics chatter in the CA Forums ?

• Yes... I wanna post whatever I want regardless of thread subject.
    • No... I think the threads are getting too diluted with silly posts.
  2. 2. Do you want ThumperTalk to do something about it ?

• No... nothing needs to be done... all is fine as is.
    • No... I think it should stop but we can Police ourselves.
    • Yes... if people can't respect the thread topic TT should do something.

Curious what others think. I feel like we've had a run of anarchy for about 6 months... and most threads get so diluted that they are pretty much trashed with silliness within two pages. A couple years from now someone checking into this site won't have any reason to think there's a single riding thread... or ride report.. or bike... or parts thread worth wading through to find even a tidbit of interesting information.

This isn't an easy subject to take on cause some of the biggest off topic kooks I consider my friends...  and I have been guilty of playing along as well.

I am totally willing to accept thats just the way it is going to be from here on out if thats what the CA Forum members want. But if it's just a few having a good time being silly while the silent majority is frustrated... then this would be a good time to say what your believe.

The POLL is private.

Edited by Jeff aka BOLT
  • Like 2

Time to replace my chain.  Should I continue using an o-ring or switch to a non o-ring chain?

Most of my riding is in dry desert like conditions.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 10

Time to replace my chain. Should I continue using an o-ring or switch to a non o-ring chain?

Thanks in advance.

Brilliant

None of it really bothers me. It's just a good group of guys bs'ing.

I'm on an iPhone and could tell you who is riding where and when within a few minutes.

• Like 3

Time to replace my chain.  Should I continue using an o-ring or switch to a non o-ring chain?

Thanks in advance.

Have you considered the XY chain. I heard it's really good in dry conditions and keeps you man right where you want him.

motocon:3thumbsup:motocon

Really guys? This is a serious question. Shit, my tampoon leaked, AGAIN. :sadface:

Opinion: I think the first poll question is too narrowly focused to the extremes. IMO.

Edited by kenshaw720
  • Like 1

Ill bite. Your right there is way too much idle chatter going on in almost every thread. No real useful content. And if there is it is impossible to find between all the bull*-/+. If someone is asking about an area they are moving too they get all the "oh that place is a s"*!-hole" etc. I understand these guys are friend of yours and thats cool. One thread set aside for you guys to give each other crap should be enough. Ever notice how few new posts there has been in the Cali section. Most people give up trying to start a thread knowing they will get the usual thread jack. It is only a matter of time.. Nothing personal just the way I see it. Im not super active here but I do try and get useful info from the site and the thread jacks are out of hand IMHO...

Edited by OldSkoo11
  • Like 3

"Bike build" threads in the "Where to ride" section have really brought this forum down.

• Like 7

"Bike build" threads in the "Where to ride" section have really brought this forum down.

You are lost cause this is NOT the Where to Ride Section.  There is a link for that at the top of the page.  Give her a clicky.

This is the "DIRT BIKE DISCUSSION" forum for the CA Region.  I'm discussing dirt bikes in the CA Dirt Bike Discussion Forum.  :doh:

But thanks for getting with the off topic spirit  :smirk:

You are lost cause this is NOT the Where to Ride Section.  There is a link for that at the top of the page.  Give her a clicky.

This is the "DIRT BIKE DISCUSSION" forum for the CA Region.  I'm discussing dirt bikes in the CA Dirt Bike Discussion Forum.  :doh:

But thanks for getting with the off topic spirit  :smirk:

Excuse me...

"Bike build" threads in the "Regional discussion" section.

THATS what is really bringing this place down.

Well that and polls, what is it with the middle aged crowd...they seem the really like pole errr I mean poll's.

• Like 2

Yea sometimes it gets &%$#@!ed up. I have been guilty of making trouble.I have been suspended a few times because of it. I don't know if that's the answer to clean it up. But here is my 2cents on how it is here.

This is a social sight, there are real people behind the screens. Real people have real and different personalities. One guy might be a fountain of knowledge another a comic another a hard ass. One just need to understand that. One just needs to be ok with that and realize that he won't be liked by All or Accepted by

• Like 3

Yea sometimes it gets &%$#@!ed up. I have been guilty of making trouble.I have been suspended a few times because of it. I don't know if that's the answer to clean it up. But here is my 2cents on how it is here.

This is a social sight, there are real people behind the screens. Real people have real and different personalities. One guy might be a fountain of knowledge another a comic another a hard ass. One just need to understand that. One just needs to be ok with that and realize that he won't be liked by All or Accepted by

All . Most of the people on here have met others and some still meet for rides some don't . If a new guy can't get in on a ride or is afraid to start a thread because it might not get straight responses , well that might be a personal issue. That's not an excuse to trash every thread ! Just do your thing! Some will like some wont. That is just reality!

Me I would like to see a ride report thread! Maybe ill start one.? Will it get trashed by some ? Yea. But someone will like it .

• Like 1

That sounds pretty reasonable Billy.   I have my own opinion which I shared...  but as I said in the OP...

Curious what others think....

I am totally willing to accept thats just the way it is going to be from here on out if thats what the CA Forum members want.

Doesn't hurt to see how people feel about the changes around here... and an anonymous vote is as fair as it gets. It's just informational anyway... not like it counts for anything. The truth shouldn't get anyone's britches in a bunch  :)

It would be quite the social sight to see all the regulars come together to ride, until then we must be satisfied with posting on this social site.

That sounds pretty reasonable Billy. I have my own opinion which I shared... but as I said in the OP...

Doesn't hurt to see how people feel about the changes around here... and an anonymous vote is as fair as it gets. It's just informational anyway... not like it counts for anything. The truth shouldn't get anyone's britches in a bunch :)

Yea , on record here .

I think this is a fine topic. If nothing else It should make on think about what they contribute here.

It would be quite the social sight to see all the regulars come together to ride, until then we must be satisfied with posting on this social site.

I'm not sure I'm getting your point . Do you meet and ride with people from here or don't you? He'll I met a guy from here just yesterday and we took our family's out to JV for a Quad ride!

I would say again if you Can't get a ride here Hmm !