Sign in to follow this  

Throttle control exercise?

Im try to get better at controling my throttle do any of yell know of any exercises that would help??

Super slow, very tight radius figure 8's in both directions, while standing. Should have to work clutch, brake, throttle continuously if you are doing it right. I do a few before every ride just to get my head into the controls. 

• Like 4

Super slow, very tight radius figure 8's in both directions, while standing. Should have to work clutch, brake, throttle continuously if you are doing it right. I do a few before every ride just to get my head into the controls. 

I'm far from an expert, but this is exactly what I was thinking before I clicked on this thread :thumbsup:

If you are talking about not having whisky throttle, then practice, and build up forearm strength. I use to have bad whisky throttle, one time I dislocated my finger because of it. Seat time will be the usual answer to everything.

Any slippery condition such as mud or snow or ice. If you don't have throttle control in those conditions you might find yourself on the ground pretty quick.

Even better, figure 8s in the mud!

• Like 2

Remember, if you keep the rpm up. Not at redline or anything but imagine 3000-3500 rpm will help keep the bike vertical, due to the gyroscope effect from the motors internals. Couple that with dragging the rear break to keep your speed where you need it, and feather the clutch you should be golden for these slow speed exercises. Try sit Down as well as stand up.

Maybe even look into a G2 throttle cam....

G2s on every bike I buy :) quick turn throttle that is

+1 And if you are riding a CRF150RB, that sudden ramp up of torque from nothing to almost everything at around 5 grand makes throttle control really tough. A Rekluse clutch, a flow splitter and clean jetting really helps.

Edited by Old Plonker