2013 kx450f rear shock

Hi guys just wondering if anyone knows the rating of the stock spring, I weigh 65kg and when I get my race sag set to 103 mm my static sag is 60mm and when I make my static sag 35mm my race sag is around 80mm, do you guys have any suggestions on how I should set it or what spring rating I need to get?

I'd like to know this as well. I have my rebound all the way in and it still kicks me in the butt on whoops, and the back end does kick up on some jumps.  mx-tech and race tech calls for 6.0 as i'm 225lbs without gear but I don't know what the stock shock rating is.

I'd like to know this as well. I have my rebound all the way in and it still kicks me in the butt on whoops, and the back end does kick up on some jumps.  mx-tech and race tech calls for 6.0 as i'm 225lbs without gear but I don't know what the stock shock rating is.

Pavetim

Kawasaki.com says 5.4n/mm

Hope this helps

Ernie

I'd like to know this as well. I have my rebound all the way in and it still kicks me in the butt on whoops, and the back end does kick up on some jumps. mx-tech and race tech calls for 6.0 as i'm 225lbs without gear but I don't know what the stock shock rating is.

Well I've spoke to a guy from a suspension place over here in Australia he's sending me a new rear spring and says I should be able to get the right race sag, for now that's call I know until the new spring arives

You need to have someone watch you ride on the sections you don't like the rear shock.  My guess is the shock is packing up.  I also guess you need to have the shock serviced.  If you have the bleed valve for the rebound closed off as far as possible with the adjuster and the rebound is truly too fast... you have internal issues with the valving.  Possibly broken shims, piston, oil, or lack there of, diaphragm pressure issues and so on. 

Well I've spoke to a guy from a suspension place over here in Australia he's sending me a new rear spring and says I should be able to get the right race sag, for now that's call I know until the new spring arives

even with proper spring rate I think the stock valving is plain junk for anybody thats moderately fast. The shock kicks like a pogo stick really bad (kicking up and hitting you in the butt) and if you slow the valving down enough to where it stops kicking so hard it just packs. You can try it with the proper spring for you but a revalve will probably still be necessary.

I have a new spring and revalve kit from racetech i'm going to install soon.  From what I read is the shock is good if your fast but slower riders it's not so good on.  I'm curious so i'm going to install just the spring tonight and see what it does.

Update: got new racetech spring they sent me a 5.2kg, was all excited to get it in and set race sag, well what do ya know I'm getting the same measurements dam it, the only thing that's changed is the $180 bucks less in my wallet oh and the spring is blue not black,

Back to the drawing board, think ill just ride the darn thing

Update: got new racetech spring they sent me a 5.2kg, was all excited to get it in and set race sag, well what do ya know I'm getting the same measurements dam it, the only thing that's changed is the $180 bucks less in my wallet oh and the spring is blue not black,

Back to the drawing board, think ill just ride the darn thing

Did you forget my reply that I'm heavier than you and bought a 5.1?

I weigh 160 lbs (72kg), and I went with a 5.1 rear spring. The stock sorting its very stiff, not sure what rate though

Hi, I've sent back the 5.2kg and their sending me s 5.0kg.

Just out of interest have you noticed much difference in the handling of the rear end or does it still kick, u didn't get revalve did you? I'm hoping I don't have

to,

Hi, I've sent back the 5.2kg and their sending me s 5.0kg.

Just out of interest have you noticed much difference in the handling of the rear end or does it still kick, u didn't get revalve did you? I'm hoping I don't have

to,

I didn't revalve.

I didn't ride very long with the stock spring, because it wouldn't let me correctly set my sag. Putting in the correct spring and setting my sag to 106mm was a huge improvement.

I've set the clickers to pro circuit recommendations. Now I want to mess with fork oil volume/air pressure in the forks. Trying to maximize stock valving.

• 2 months later...

If the valving is stock, then you might benefit from a simple cheap mod. If you are like me, and feels the damping rear is too stiff and you have trouble trusting your rear end in choppy terrain ? If you simply get a suspension shop to put in a few faceshims, to increase rebound, you get a better reb. + are able to run reb clicker more out= more free flow in both comp and rep = less sticky / hard feel. I know valving is not only that simple, but combined with the right spring, a little revalve this way, could make your smile a lot wider on the track for little money. :D