Sign in to follow this  

Pics from my first HS

Yesterday I raced, and finished, my first harescramble and wow! What an experience. It was a 7 mile loop with everybody stopping after the A racers did 6 laps. First lap went great, I stayed in second place in the 200C class for the whole lap and first part of the second lap, dropping to 4th after getting stuck in a mud hole (bad choice of route on my part). Halfway through the 2nd lap my bike fouled a plug, something it never used to do. I pulled off and reached for the spare plug I had been carrying only to find that my bag around my waist was gone. After a 2 mile hike back to the pits and then 2 miles back to the bike I got it going and was in 8th place (last). Somehow I managed to catch up to a couple other 200C riders and pass them on the motocross track section and finish in 6th place with an overall time of 2:21:13.

Here's a few pics my sister took from before and after the race.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1382369914.275806.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1382369930.420047.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1382369944.777956.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1382369956.546899.jpg

Good job toughing it out and finishing!

Thanks! I certainly learned my lesson about making sure I always have a plug...