Seal savers?

Which brands do you prefer?

I have Seal Saver brand and they are holding up nicely. :thumbsup:

Yea that's what i have been looking at. Has anyone used any other brands?

I used the seal saver brand and they held up good and I had no seal failures.but I found after every ride dirt trapped under them they also increase stiction enough I found myself messing with clickers so I removerd them I use strips cut from x-rays ( every dirtbiker has some) to clean the seals and never looked back

Seal savers lasted longer than another brand we had.  But found it took longer to clean the insides of them and was just easier to take them off. 

Moose ones seem to wear out pretty fast.....

I have been using Shock Shox for about 6 months and so far they have been great. They can be taken off in seconds, so it is very easy to take them off and clean them when you wash your bike. I had other ones on there previously that slide on, and without taking them off for a good cleaning they just end up trapping dirt in there.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks everyone. Has anyone used the shock sox? Looks like easy maintenance!

I have been using Shock Shox for about 6 months and so far they have been great. They can be taken off in seconds, so it is very easy to take them off and clean them when you wash your bike. I had other ones on there previously that slide on, and without taking them off for a good cleaning they just end up trapping dirt in there.

Perfect that's what I have been looking for thank you!

As I understand it, Seal Savers work well but you must clean them every ride.  It's another maintenance item--but I'm considering getting a pair because every 4 or 5 rides, I'm getting a leaking fork seal, typically on the left so it affects the brake pads.  I'm sick of it.

I tend to ride a lot of mud and had issues with forks seals leaking.  After cleaning under the fork seals with homemade plastic tool, I put a pair of Shock sox on and have never had a leaky fork again.  Forks are always squeaky clean underneathe the Sox.  Yes, you have to clean them after ever ride but it's simple to take them off.  The only bummer is that they do not last that long and they are not cheap for what they are.  I bet you could buy a large piece of neoprene, cut to fit, and zip tye them on for much less $$$.

Found a pair of shock sox for $20 on ebay, figured I'd give em a shot and I they don't last ill make my own!

Here's a helpful Shock Sox video tutorial.

Here's a helpful Shock Sox video tutorial.

Thank you!

+1 on Shock Sox! Been using them for 3 years now and not a single leaky fork. If you have a KTM you might need to remove the little plastic guard around the base of the fork to get the proper fit, but that is a simple 5 minute job. 

Have had issues with Shock Sox tearing at the sewing of velcro to neoprene. On my fourth pair in 45 hrs of riding. I do like them however.

Edited by 2012 450 xc-w

As I understand it, Seal Savers work well but you must clean them every ride.  It's another maintenance item--but I'm considering getting a pair because every 4 or 5 rides, I'm getting a leaking fork seal, typically on the left so it affects the brake pads.  I'm sick of it.

Get one of these and clean the seals out so they reseal.  I use this every 2 or 3 weekends and never have a leak.  A single grain of sand in the seal can make it leak.  This breaks the seal just allowing a smidge of oil to wash the grain of sand out and allows the seal to back to working properly.  $6 from the local shop. 

2360371-1-m.jpg

Get one of these and clean the seals out so they reseal.  I use this every 2 or 3 weekends and never have a leak.  A single grain of sand in the seal can make it leak.  This breaks the seal just allowing a smidge of oil to wash the grain of sand out and allows the seal to back to working properly.  $6 from the local shop. 

2360371-1-m.jpg

I paid for a pair by phone, my shop owner is bringing the SSavers to the races this weekend, I'll install them tomorrow morning before my race at 11:15.  Why 11:15??  Key time is 11:00, I'm on row 15.  Enduromainia!!

Have had issues with Shock Sox tearing at the sewing of velcro to neoprene. On my fourth pair in 45 hrs of riding. I do like them however.

Hello Everyone,

Shand Garcia with SHOCK SOX here. I appreciate all of the kind words regarding SHOCK SOX.  A friend of mine informed me about this thread so I figured I would introduce myself and THANK you guys for choosing SHOCK SOX, "The 10-Second Removable Fork Seal Protector", to protect your fork seals.

2012 450 xc-w ---  I apologize for the issues you seem to be having. You mos definitely should not be on your 4th pair in 45 hours. Please feel free to contact me at our office # 972-279-0301 to discuss your situation....and I will be glad to help you out and make things right for you.  I personally have, and know riders/racers that have run the same pair of SHOCK SOX for more than 5 years without issues. Call our office and I will take care of you. I appreciate you being a loyal customer after your experience.

CamP - Thank you for posting up our new video.

Thanks again, Everyone.

Shand Garcia

SHOCK SOX

FB - https://www.facebook.com/shocksox

Web - www.ShockSox.com