Looking to get a 450, yz or crf

Over the winter months I will be looking to get another dirt bike (cheaper prices during winter) after being off them for about 2 years. I'm 19 years old and my last bike was a 2009 crf450x I loved the bike but had to sell it to get my car. Since I already had one of those and the fact that the used market for then is basically non existent in going to be looking at either a crf450r or yz450f. I do not race but I will be at the track occasionally. I mainly trail ride on pretty open fast trails tho some are a bit more technical.

I wouldn't look at anything older than 2009 for either bike and no newer than 2012. So buying a used machine which would be a more reliable option?

How does they yz stack up to the crf in past few previous years in terms of reliability, trail friendliness etc.

Would you buy an 09 yz since it's not fuel injected? Or would you stick to fuel injection from now on?

I am mostly looking for reliability, as I don't want to always be replacing parts and checking valves etc.

Thanks

Over the winter months I will be looking to get another dirt bike (cheaper prices during winter) after being off them for about 2 years. I'm 19 years old and my last bike was a 2009 crf450x I loved the bike but had to sell it to get my car. Since I already had one of those and the fact that the used market for then is basically non existent in going to be looking at either a crf450r or yz450f. I do not race but I will be at the track occasionally. I mainly trail ride on pretty open fast trails tho some are a bit more technical.

I wouldn't look at anything older than 2009 for either bike and no newer than 2012. So buying a used machine which would be a more reliable option?

How does they yz stack up to the crf in past few previous years in terms of reliability, trail friendliness etc.

Would you buy an 09 yz since it's not fuel injected? Or would you stick to fuel injection from now on?

I am mostly looking for reliability, as I don't want to always be replacing parts and checking valves etc.

Thanks

Fuel Injected (FI) "2009 and up"  CRF450R hands down.

Tons of torque, raw power, and lots of speed.. 

0602131112a.jpg

They are good solid bikes .. If maintained

I would definatly do proper maintenance like oil changes and filters, air filters etc. I just don't want to be checking valves and too ends frequently. But if I'm not racing I won't really be abusing it that much anyways

I love my 2009 carbed yz450f. Like previous said take care of whatever you get. I would try to get a low hour bike with a stock motor. Either is a good bike. I think yamahas valves hold better but rebuild cost is a little higher with 5 valves and 2 cams on the carbed models.