Sign in to follow this  

selling my dirt bike and getting a quad need help!

so i am selling my dirt bike to get a quad. i was thinking either between a 400ex or maybe a yamaha warrior. i want something i can take to the track but can also take mudding with my buddies. any advise?

don't ever sell the bike...you'll kick yourself later :)

i bought it as a project and im tired of putting money into it i love it but its time for a nice quad

i bought it as a project and im tired of putting money into it i love it but its time for a nice quad

Hmmm, kinda hard to put a lot of money in an XR.  Be careful what ya wish for....nice quads aren't cheap

Get a 400ex if thinking of hitting the track. will be much better on the track and will do just as good in the trails. a 05+ 400ex will have reverse too

400 over the warrior any day. I couldn't decide what I wanted in types of bikes, so I have both. Which do you do more of, track or trail? Depending how sporty you want, the yfz450 is great on a track n trail situation. I have a built raptor700 that does pretty good on the track, not as nimble as the 450's, but bring on a long straightaway or steep windy trail shoot and that's where it shines and walks away from the rest.

400 over the warrior any day. I couldn't decide what I wanted in types of bikes, so I have both. Which do you do more of, track or trail? Depending how sporty you want, the yfz450 is great on a track n trail situation. I have a built raptor700 that does pretty good on the track, not as nimble as the 450's, but bring on a long straightaway or steep windy trail shoot and that's where it shines and walks away from the rest.

get a raptor 350. There better then the 400exs. I've had both, along with 300exs and ltz400s. I choose the raptor 350.

so i am selling my dirt bike to get a quad. i was thinking either between a 400ex or maybe a yamaha warrior. i want something i can take to the track but can also take mudding with my buddies. any advise?

What bike are you coming off of?

Any sport 400 hands down. I've built, and ridden most other quads that can even remotely compare to them and they are always the nicest quads at the end of the day. However if you only ride track I suggest the ltr450.

mostly track considering there is a free track 15 minutes away from my house me and my buddies plan 2-4 trail trips a year 

Hmmm, kinda hard to put a lot of money in an XR.  Be careful what ya wish for....nice quads aren't cheap

its been nothing major just a lot of small things that have been really adding up and i know quads arent cheap but ive always bought old crappy bikes and now i decided its time for a nice toy so ive some money saved up and once i sell my xr i should be able to find a decent 400ex for 2 grand 

• Like 1

If you cant afford to get an xr 250 running reliably, you cant afford a sport quad.

If your "mudding" and riding is more fun on a sport quad than an xr250, you're doing it wrong

If you cant afford to get an xr 250 running reliably, you cant afford a sport quad.

If your "mudding" and riding is more fun on a sport quad than an xr250, you're doing it wrong

my xr runs fine im just tired of it i've had it for a long time i want something else 

I have both types, bikes and quads. Opens a vast number of riders to ride with. Hell, as long you ride something, anything, people I ride with dont care. Its all about getting out and having fun.

• Like 2

If you get rid of a dirtbike and buy a quad you need mental help because you are a retardo.

you know i like to be adventures and i like to try new things ive never had a quad. your kind of a closed minded &%$#@!. winter is coming and i want something to do donuts in the snow. 

• Like 3

If you get rid of a dirtbike and buy a quad you need mental help because you are a retardo.

no people who make statements like this are the ones that need help... What are you doing in the quad section then? Gtfo if your not goin to be helpful and want to make asinine statements.