Sign in to follow this  

FMF MegaBomb Header with Yoshi RS-9 pipes

You would have if it fit, a pipe.The fmf header or any other full system doesn't do much. I have the yosh/friend has fmf single & twin system not any big change from stock.REMAP 49 tooth rear much better for alittle over a $100/ $1000.My 13 is very strong with the mods I've done, the pipe helps,if I could of stopped the credit card charge from yosh I'd be up $1000 in my wallet. The mega bomb isn't that mega. Do what you want,I'm guessing you don't have a bike,sorry.

Just get the head ported and polished and the bike will have more power everywhere.

It's so simple, but it's not 'flashy' like a new pipe, and requires more than just a couple of 10mm wrenches, but there is no better mod.

Thanks guys.

Galligar... I have a 2013 as well.  But I'm a newer rider (having not ridden in 38 years!). I am ridding again because my 13 yr old son (150r) and my 8 yr old (crf80) are getting into riding and I want to ride with them.  We ride mostly at Pala Raceway as we live very close by in Valley Center, CA.

But I was just curious actually.  I don't want or need anymore power from this beast.. I should have probably gotten a 250r instead... but I'm getting used to it. I am almost clearing all the jumps at Pala now.

Anyway, the whole exhaust issue for me was a way to smooth out the lower end bite. I mean this thing wants to pop a wheelie so hard in 1st gear it's insane! LOL

I've taken some lessons with my sons with Travis Preston (pro) (by the way, if you ever want a fantastic teacher, that guy has the gift! SUPER patient and tons of experience).

My son is going to race as soon as football is over...and if I grow a set, I might race some too.  But I doubt I will ever need more power from this bike.

inspiremx I ride every week as well@pala,the mixing of the pipes is not the answer, your riding in the wrong gear. Go up a gear ,you should never be in 1st gear on any track @pala 2nd/3rd or change your gearing if it's too powerful. My fire buddy trains/helps preston on fitness,diet,ect.,preston is cool.The fmf,yosh,etc all feel about the same power wise.I'm the big guy on #655,sorry if I hurt your feelings.The post with way you wrote it came across like someone(young) ,dreaming up some magic  combo of parts while reading /or surfing the moto net.Again sorry.

Edited by galligar
  • Like 1

All you need to do is have the ECU remapped and you can calm it down at certain rpms vs throttle position, liven it up at others, etc. Try doing that before buying any parts, changing an exhaust won't get you away from a fuel+spark bark that's hard-wired to your right hand...

Galligar is right, 1st gear is pfu on an mx track... put it in 2nd and slip the clutch if you need to.

Edited by Eddie8v
  • Like 1

inspiremx I ride every week as well@pala,the mixing of the pipes is not the answer, your riding in the wrong gear. Go up a gear ,you should never be in 1st gear on any track @pala 2nd/3rd or change your gearing if it's too powerful. My fire buddy trains/helps preston on fitness,diet,ect.,preston is cool.The fmf,yosh,etc all feel about the same power wise.I'm the big guy on #655,sorry if I hurt your feelings.The post with way you wrote it came across like someone(young) ,dreaming up some magic  combo of parts while reading /or surfing the moto net.Again sorry.

Galligar,  no offense was taken.... It's all good.  I don't ride in first there either, I was just amazed when I first got this bike and having not ridden in so long how incredibly powerful it is and first gear is insane torq.  I'll look for you... I used to be a big guy (old body builder) but I just got a thyroid disease (diagnosed in July) so I've lost 30 lbs of muscle and I still can't do an exercise more than walking around the house... (had a doctors appt. today and going to get a radioactive scan to check for cancer)...but when this deal is over, I'll be back at the track for sure.  :-)

All you need to do is have the ECU remapped and you can calm it down at certain rpms vs throttle position, liven it up at others, etc. Try doing that before buying any parts, changing an exhaust won't get you away from a fuel+spark bark that's hard-wired to your right hand... Galligar is right, 1st gear is pfu on an mx track... put it in 2nd and slip the clutch if you need to.

Funny you mention that. I just told my wife what I wanted for Christmas... I spoke with Justin Pasquaye over at Tokyo Mods not to far away from me and he said exactly what you said.