Crf250r piston choice

Forgive me if this has already been discussed. If so just reply with the link. Which aftermarket piston is better for a crf250r vertex or je?

Thanks

if your not raising the compression stick with oem

No I am going to go high compression

No I am going to go high compression

id choose vertex...

If it matters I use J&E in all my race engines pro circuit has J&E make there pistons also theres a reason for this

JE makes a good piece. I use them in all the SBF drag motors I build and the few crf pistons I've used have been of good quality as well

There are a lot of good four stroke piston companies to choose from (not so with two strokes). However, Vertex is an oem supplier in large quantities so they have to be ISO and QS approved by their venders. Thus I believe you will get a more consistent quality piston from Vertex because of their OEM requirements and certification standards.

..... they have to be ISO and QS approved by their venders. Thus I believe you will get a more consistent quality piston from Vertex because of their OEM requirements and certification standards.

Good point- although being ISO certified doesnt necessarily mean a better product, maybe just that they have 'jumped through the hoops'. You are right, there are all kinds of good piston suppliers; I used a forged Wiseco (just a touch higher compression) on my first rebuild have not had any probems, started and ran much better overall. I think with these bikes better to avoid the cast(factory)pistons.