Sign in to follow this  

Kx250 or yz250

I'm debating on two bikes right now and I can't decide. I want it for strictly single track riding and occasionally hill climbs.i would probably weight the flywheel and put barkbusters on it. What else could I do to make it more trail capable and which one would suit me better?

I've got a 98 YZ250 and use it strictly for trail use. It serves its purpose and I love it. Has a nice hit but its very smooth power. I'm comparing this to my Dads 01 RM250 which is very snappy and hits hard! My YZ seems to go where ever I need it to. It tractors around corners and I never lose traction. I'm typically in 3rd doing singletrack and consider myself above average for a rider. I can upload some pictures later on because I'm on mobile as of now. Just remember if you can find a 99+ YZ almost all parts are the same from 99-now. 98 and back are similar. I've got a PC Platinum Pipe, R304 Silencer, Boysen Reed Cage+Petals, and 18" rear wheel. That's really all the mods I have done. I need some nice wrap around bark busters but other than that. Good to go!

Edited by YZ2Smoker98

I've got a 98 YZ250 and use it strictly for trail use. It serves its purpose and I love it. Has a nice hit but its very smooth power. I'm comparing this to my Dads 01 RM250 which is very snappy and hits hard! My YZ seems to go where ever I need it to. It tractors around corners and I never lose traction. I'm typically in 3rd doing singletrack and consider myself above average for a rider. I can upload some pictures later on because I'm on mobile as of now. Just remember if you can find a 99+ YZ almost all parts are the same from 99-now. 98 and back are similar. I've got a PC Platinum Pipe, R304 Silencer, Boysen Reed Cage+Petals, and 18" rear wheel. That's really all the mods I have done. I need some nice wrap around bark busters but other than that. Good to go!

thank you very much!!! I've made my decision it's gunna have to be a yz becuase I wanted what you said it had smooth power and the other guy said they were low end monsters so that's always a good thing for getting out of tight situations thanks very much I appreciate it!