717/Divide conditions?

Colorado

How does 717 look? anyone been there in the last few days? Might try to squeeze in a day ride if it's reasonably snow free.

Rampart was wetish on Sunday. Probably drying out today. Since they are so close I would assume divide is similar

looks like dry weather all week, might end up good next weekend.

Yep rampart was a little wet with a little snow in places. I'm not complaining, sure beats the dust! Plus there weren't many people out.

Anyone down to ride 717 trail on Sunday oct 27? I've had a long week and wanna blow off some steam.

Anyone down to ride 717 trail on Sunday oct 27? I've had a long week and wanna blow off some steam.

Little late, but I'm heading to rampart tomorrow. Call me tonight or anytime your up for a ride. FYI, I prefer a fairly fast riding pace if your cool with that

Tim

I'm a moderate rider, this is my first year riding so I don't go to fast but not slow either, guess I'm a cautious rider. Meeting some people at flat rocks tomorrow around 10.

we were out there Saturday, 63 miles worth and no snow or ice.

Anyone interested in riding from Deckers to Tarryall (211) Saturday?

Any update on 717?  I had pretty much written off riding there until late May, then I realized it's 70 degrees today! :applause::banana:

Three of us rode the northwest part of 717 and Hackett Gulch area on Sat, Nov 9th.  Beautiful day not a cloud in the sky...perfect temperature.  Almost a little too dry & dusty.  Some of the trails on northern exposures had a light dusting of snow off the side of the trail.  Water crossings and any little bit of standing water was not frozen or icy.  I think we saw about 6-8 other motorcycle riders during our 6 hour ride and most of those were at bottom of Hackett Gulch.  Ran into family of ATVrs as we finished up on 717 and hit the dirt road back to where we parked.

Thanks for the update - I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Three of us rode the northwest part of 717 and Hackett Gulch area on Sat, Nov 9th.  Beautiful day not a cloud in the sky...perfect temperature.  Almost a little too dry & dusty.  Some of the trails on northern exposures had a light dusting of snow off the side of the trail.  Water crossings and any little bit of standing water was not frozen or icy.  I think we saw about 6-8 other motorcycle riders during our 6 hour ride and most of those were at bottom of Hackett Gulch.  Ran into family of ATVrs as we finished up on 717 and hit the dirt road back to where we parked.

We were there that day too. I'd say it was more than a little too dry...was very dry. But riding was good otherwise. We too took a spin on Hackett.  We just wanted to explore. We saw about 10 other m/c riders.

Headed to King chef fir a burrito and then West to ride there today.

I'll post an update on how dry it is later :)

Rode yesterday. Really dry. Wind was blowing so hard we had to move downed trees. Came across more when we came back. Two guys on kwads that we helped move a tree said when they were moving the last one a tree came down between their kwads. Really dangerous day to be out. Oh, and a fire had started when we were leaving. West end of Stump Road.

Agree with that guy^

We stopped at took pictures in the burn area on 717b while it was windy, id estimate 40mph gusts. Seemed like every 1/4 mile there was a recently fallen tree. It was definitely making me nervous to have a tree fall on me while riding. We moved one and hopped the rest. Its been a while since Iv ridden this trail system, I forgot how fun it is.

PhotoGrid_1384652817352_zps4f4ad889.jpg

Its been a while since Iv ridden this trail system, I forgot how fun it is.

It's pretty much my favorite place to ride; everything else pales in comparison.  Not too many rocks, which is rare for Colorado.  Of course, it's only ridable for half the year. :cry:

Edited by Jim_B

Man I bet it's soooo good after a couple hours of rain...

Man I bet it's soooo good after a couple hours of rain...

:nod

FILE1306_-L.jpg

FILE1087_-L.jpg

FILE0490_-L.jpg