Sign in to follow this  

Man Down!

well it finally happened... my 2013 is no longer  new... i looped my baby  today :( im fine just a sore ass! let me tell you though there is no worse feeling then sliding across the pavement and looking up to se eyour bike sliding across the road and kicking up sparks! it was on an empty street though... im thankful cause it could have ben a lot worse... noone to blame but myself your bound to eventually crash if your out there doing wheelies! i had my camera rolling to lol maybe ill post the video haha 

i did however break the shifter... any suggestions on a new one? i havent noticed to many problems with the length of the shifter... is there any other reason to get a longer shifter other than having a big foot?

o yeh... thank you TT for the case savers!!!! before the shifter broke it put a nice ding in the case saver if i didnt have that i would have definitely been looking at a lot more damage than what i have! 

Glad you are OK.

I was eying an aftermarket shifter but the stock one is working out just fine since I adjusted it.

any feedback on the outlaw shifter from wheeling im digging the blue... its between that and gold and black driven shifter... (also from wheeling)

The MSR mob do a slightly longer shifter for my size 12......the shifter needed a minor bit of bending to fit around the case saver....

Glad your ok mate, and I hope you have learnt something from this ...... :naughty:  :cripple:

Edited by Craigo 485sm

im only size 10... the msr shifter says 1 inch longer... is it like super long or what? like i said i dont really have a problem with the stock shifter i can reach it just fine and i dont feel like its to short or anything... putting the video on computer now... ill cut it down and see how to upload it here shortly...

go with the stock shifter. those tougher aftermarket shifters won't bend like the stockers. this might seem like a positive attribute but the ability of a shifter to bend and get mangled is by design so you only have to replace a shifter and not a shift shaft. kinda like a crumple zone in a car.

• Like 2

go with the stock shifter. those tougher aftermarket shifters won't bend like the stockers. this might seem like a positive attribute but the ability of a shifter to bend and get mangled is by design so you only have to replace a shifter and not a shift shaft. kinda like a crumple zone in a car.

that makes sense... what about that outlaw shifter i referenced it claims to be aluminum... that will bend wont it?

that makes sense... what about that outlaw shifter i referenced it claims to be aluminum... that will bend wont it?

sure it will bend. if it bends before damaging the shift shaft is the question. idk the answer. it says, "tougher than stock" so i guess you have to make a call. personally if you don't need the extra clearance of an extended shift lever i'd go with a stocker. as a matter of fact unless you broke the stocker i'd just bend it back and keep using it.

It would be similar to your stock shifter as far as bending goes.....

Just don't bin the bike and you won't have a problem......lol

• Like 1

im only size 10... the msr shifter says 1 inch longer... is it like super long or what? like i said i dont really have a problem with the stock shifter i can reach it just fine and i dont feel like its to short or anything... putting the video on computer now... ill cut it down and see how to upload it here shortly...

I just put this on my bike and I wear size 11 shoes.

I much prefer the longer shifter although it doesn't have any rubber on the end so it wears through normal shoes quickly.

It needs to be filed and/or bent to fit around the case saver though.

• Like 1

I just put this on my bike and I wear size 11 shoes.

I much prefer the longer shifter although it doesn't have any rubber on the end so it wears through normal shoes quickly.

It needs to be filed and/or bent to fit around the case saver though.

where is your shifter hitting your shoe at? on the tip or what?

i cut and added about an inch to both the shifter and brake

also added some height to the shifter to clear the boot a little better

size 14  mod  LOL

no  aftermarket parts suited me as far as those levers

I have my weld on peg wideners showing up tomorrow  I am going to add most of the width to the rear  

where is your shifter hitting your shoe at? on the tip or what?

Depending on the position of my foot on the pegs but around an inch before my big toe.

If you get wider footpegs it makes it even more comfortable which will be my next mod.

My stock shifter worked great until I bought a new pair of SG-10's (size 9). The MSR+1 is perfect for the build/bulk of of the new boots in my size. I also tried the Driven shifter & found it too was too short but would be a great replacement for stock if you are not wearing moto boots. I still have the brand new Driven aluminum shifter (used for 5 shifts or so). PM me your address & pay for shipping & it's yours. Sorry for the damage to your '13 but glad to hear your making progress on the wheelies  :thumbsup: