If you could change one thing in the SX format..

So, just finished watching MEC, was riding in Idaho over the weekend with a great bunch of guys.

Anyway, seems to me there has been a lot of talk - some quite serious by the people in charge - about adding a few new features to SX in the coming years: Split Starts, Joker Lanes, Different Main/Qually Format, etct, etc. 

Question is, if you could make one change to SX to improve the racing or the "Show," what would it be?

For me, I think at this point I'd change up the Format to include multiple "Mains." The odd split start would be nice to see too, track builders could get pretty creative.

So, just finished watching MEC, was riding in Idaho over the weekend with a great bunch of guys.

Anyway, seems to me there has been a lot of talk - some quite serious by the people in charge - about adding a few new features to SX in the coming years: Split Starts, Joker Lanes, Different Main/Qually Format, etct, etc.

Question is, if you could make one change to SX to improve the racing or the "Show," what would it be?

For me, I think at this point I'd change up the Format to include multiple "Mains." The odd split start would be nice to see too, track builders could get pretty creative.

I personally hate the split starts and "joker" lanes. I find them to be more of a gimmick than anything else. I would like to see two 20 lap main events though. And if they aren't going to do that I'd like to above 1 minute lap times.

Out of the box idea.... Add a different class, 2t class? Or a open class? That'd be cool and leave it open to everyone so guys could race 2 classes possibly lol

• Like 1

4 riders from the LCQ.

Beyond 1....

More short straights with no jumps to 180 corners. Let's see some corner to corner drag racing.

Jump sections that have more than one rythm. A2 had that. (one of the first races.)

Split gate, but not necessarily split start line. Drop the gate for the top 10 one second before the 11-20 riders. Put that fast guys out front. I want RV, RD, JS, CR, ET, and KR out front to battle, not stuck mid pack. The start is half the race. Go faster to be on the top ten gate.

Write joker lane on a napkin, blow your nose on it, toss it in the trash.

I would like to see the promoters allow overbored 250Fs to compete in the 450 class and really look for ways to promote opposite -coast 250 riders to join in and race while their series is idle.  I also like the 250 smoker class, but there would be some serious resistance to this from some of the manufacturers, unfortunately.

I would like to see the promoters allow overbored 250Fs to compete in the 450 class and really look for ways to promote opposite -coast 250 riders to join in and race while their series is idle.  I also like the 250 smoker class, but there would be some serious resistance to this from some of the manufacturers, unfortunately.

allow open class smokers in the 450 class.

• Like 3

Twenty minute mains. But that will never happen because of tv. 

Heats 10 minutes plus a lap and mains 20 minute plus a lap. That is all.

Write joker lane on a napkin, blow your nose on it, toss it in the trash.

We have a winner !

Plus ditch the split start lane. It's hard enough to watch the riders during the exciting start much less having them in two locations.

I heard they were going back to that format. It's about time.

Now can you get them to dump an Anaheim race and go back to the LA Coliseum.

That will never happen. They wouldnt have a pit area big enough anymore, plus they had a lot of parking problems there every year.

That will never happen. They wouldnt have a pit area big enough anymore, plus they had a lot of parking problems there every year.

They could pit inside the old Sports Arena. At least their crap could be secured. Yeah I know they will never go back there but damn the tracks there were the best ever.